Post Bo Era first game impressions?

Husker66

A tough loss, but a hard fought game on both sides. I have to admit I hated the prevent defense as the end.

I think the kids played better, it would have been over at half time with the clown in charge, we would never have come back.

Tommy looks much better than last year, did look off defenders at times.

The team actually makes tackles, no more body blocks for the big hit.

Hate to lose just like everyone else, but the positives will raise as the week goes on.

I thought we had this, but only people on this board had us winning this game, every talking head had us losing, and getting beat n the process. I think we saw improvement over what we have put on the field in the past, 2 starters out, no All American running back. Not time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For me I saw improvement, not what we need yet, but I knew it would be a journey.

• Fire 2

I don't like the direction we're heading as a program.

???? Direction??? Please clarify

First, BYU has an okay offense so I'm dreading playing against Miami's, Kaaya. Banker's Defense gonna give up a lot of yards and points further down the road. Second, we can't run the ball. I saw a pass first mentality with no emphasis on running the ball with conviction when we needed it the most. Simply, I'm not impressed with the coaching. Offense, Defense or Special Teams. Coaching cost us this game.

I'm going to give you my complete and honest opinion... I don't see Mike Riley being successful here.

Also, before anyone jumps on me, I don't think Bo was right for Nebraska either anymore.

We had one play to defend to win. It reminded me of the bowl game hail mary vs. SC at the half. We clearly had the better team but still managed to lose. How is this better than previous years? I don't know. But I do know that I believe if we had Bo as a Head Coach we would have won this one handily. On to the next game I guess.

A tough loss, but a hard fought game on both sides. I have to admit I hated the prevent defense as the end.

I think the kids played better, it would have been over at half time with the clown in charge, we would never have come back.

Tommy looks much better than last year, did look off defenders at times.

The team actually makes tackles, no more body blocks for the big hit.

Hate to lose just like everyone else, but the positives will raise as the week goes on.

I thought we had this, but only people on this board had us winning this game, every talking head had us losing, and getting beat n the process. I think we saw improvement over what we have put on the field in the past, 2 starters out, no All American running back. Not time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For me I saw improvement, not what we need yet, but I knew it would be a journey.

I don't see that. I think BYU's offense plays into the strengths of a Bo Pellini defense. I think we would of shut em down. The B1G was Bo's downfall.

I think it's fine, I just wanted to see the team fighting for a full 4 quarters. While they weren't playing at the same level all the way through, they weren't giving up, or getting frustrated. The penalties looked more like ones from first game jitters than frustration and anger. There were a lot of new starters on the team, some of which only had a week to prep for the game.

They have a lot to work on, but I liked the plays they tried when they switched up, there were clearly halftime adjustments that worked, and I think the coaches will get more comfortable with their players as the season continues. The loss is bittersweet, but I also think it's a good reminder to the fans that this is a mediocre team when Pelini left, and Riley won't be working miracles with them.

In short: bad loss, team is still bipolar but does feel like progress is happening. And as a bonus, it's nice to have a post game interview where the coach owns the game and talks about what he did wrong. It doesn't dismiss the loss, but it makes me feel a little better.

• Fire 1

Biggest worry this season is the offensive line. At least for me.

The defensive line did well at the line of scrimmage, but should have made more plays once they beat their man. That can be fixed, I think, I hope. Not sure I have much hope at all for the offensive line. I'm not going to say anything mean, but it wasn't pretty.

Biggest reason for optimism going forward is the improved QB coaching. I think it will only help the program going forward. Armstrong struggled for a bit there, but looked like a whole new guy for most of the game.

• Fire 2

Biggest worry this season is the offensive line. At least for me.

The defensive line did well at the line of scrimmage, but should have made more plays once they beat their man. That can be fixed, I think, I hope. Not sure I have much hope at all for the offensive line. I'm not going to say anything mean, but it wasn't pretty.

Biggest reason for optimism going forward is the improved QB coaching. I think it will only help the program going forward. Armstrong struggled for a bit there, but looked like a whole new guy for most of the game.

Yeah, Kondolo was not doing well. TA looked like a somewhat better passer, but I'm afraid it might be an illusion based on the fact that I don't think BYU's db's are really that good. They're ok, but we're gonna be playing better defenses all around further into the season.