Hail Mary Defense

We did most everything right on this play. A few quibbles here and there, but for the most part, we did what we needed to do. This catch isn't made nine out of ten times.

Sometimes, the other guy just makes a better play.

etvuLcx.jpg

If by right you mean we went through the corre t motions then yeah.

Still think pressure was the way to go. Games on the line and the QB has to be nervous, pressure is going to force an early throw.

I googled Mike Riley ... and it popped up idiot. And maybe I heard it wrong or saw it wrong, but was that #28 Adam Taylor who downed a punt. OMG and some folks here think Riley and staff know what they are doing. For me, I hope Nebraska loses every game till they play Adam Taylor at I-back. No excuses here. Riley knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time-out to prepare for it ... EPIC FAIL. Ya'll need to start looking for a replacement. Have a feeling it is going to be an ugly year.

Keep playing the starting 5 O-linemen every play the whole game every game ... morale with the 2's & 3's will

drop to where they lose interest ... then you lose the battle in the trenches when a couple starters go out with an injury. It is a death spiral coaching philosophy.

By the way ... for the Husker faithfull ... you don't even want to read the comments about Nebraska on the Katy Tiger Board. No biggie because, hey, it's only a high school and what do they know. And that may be true, but it has also been one of the nations most dominant HS football programs for the last 2 decades

• Fire 1

I googled Mike Riley ... and it popped up idiot. And maybe I heard it wrong or saw it wrong, but was that #28 Adam Taylor who downed a punt. OMG and some folks here think Riley and staff know what they are doing. For me, I hope Nebraska loses every game till they play Adam Taylor at I-back. No excuses here. Riley knew the Hail Mary was coming and even called a time-out to prepare for it ... EPIC FAIL. Ya'll need to start looking for a replacement. Have a feeling it is going to be an ugly year.

Keep playing the starting 5 O-linemen every play the whole game every game ... morale with the 2's & 3's will

drop to where they lose interest ... then you lose the battle in the trenches when a couple starters go out with an injury. It is a death spiral coaching philosophy.

By the way ... for the Husker faithfull ... you don't even want to read the comments about Nebraska on the Katy Tiger Board. No biggie because, hey, it's only a high school and what do they know. And that may be true, but it has also been one of the nations most dominant HS football programs for the last 2 decades

lol. Thanks for wasting our time with that post.

Zing! Hey, I googled Mike Riley and it didn't say idiot. Link?

Remember when this guy used to like us?

I think your mommie needs to put your binkie back in your mouth and you should go nighty nite, this is big boy football talk.

We screwed up the defense on this play. The players did not defend it well. Further, you don't let the QB roll out to the right to get the momentum of stepping into that throw for a right handed QB. Heck if we had played that correctly I don't think the ball even gets to the goal line.

Correct.

Remember when this guy used to like us?

Dang! That guy is pissed!

I think your mommie needs to put your binkie back in your mouth and you should go nighty nite, this is big boy football talk.

I' not pissed at ya'll even though some of you are pissed at me for stating the obvious. When you say you are coaching by committee

it ususally means who ever in charge does not have a clue. And Radar if this is "big boy football talk" why do you have your panties all in a bunch over what I posted.

Sounds like radar is the one that' pissed and this is just the first game.