Cornhuskers will never...

I am I

Win 11+ games until they start to run the ball well. Period.

Until they get a team/coach/players who can dominate a team on the ground, get used to more of this; as if we aren't used to it already.

I'm out. I'll check back in 5 yrs when we get a new coach and back to OUR system. f#*k this sh#t. I'm sick of it. Tossing the ball around the yard while the other team has freedom.

Their QB was in another country ringing doorbells and preaching the Mormon bible 2 months ago. f'ing figure it out. We suck and we will until we decide to run the f'ing ball

• Fire 4

Win 11+ games until they start to run the ball well. Period.

Until they get a team/coach/players who can dominate a team on the ground, get used to more of this; as if we aren't used to it already.

I'm out. I'll check back in 5 yrs when we get a new coach and back to OUR system. f#*k this sh#t. I'm sick of it. Tossing the ball around the yard while the other team has freedom.

Their QB was in another country ringing doorbells and preaching the Mormon bible 2 months ago. f'ing figure it out. We suck and we will until we decide to run the f'ing ball

Well see ya around next decade buddy. Be well.

• Fire 1

Hard to believe you would give up on the kids. I hated the past coach, and had good documented reasons to, but I supported the kids. I have been doing it for 50 plus years.

I did not see as bad of a game as some of you did. I saw a team that never quit, was in the game even when down by 10. The last staff, they would have quit. I know they are heart broken, so is the staff, but our job is to support the kids and the staff. Not make it even worse for them.

I have been saying for a long time, we are not an elite team, may never be, may never win a another CCG or NC. But Nebraska is home and I will cheer for the kids no matter who coaches them.

We all need to step back from the ledge. Those expecting see Nebraska steam roll BYU were wrong, those expecting us to get killed by BYU were wrong, someplace in the middle with the possibility of improvement, not only in play but coaching.

Stay on track, support your team. No problems with some not liking the Riley hire. But I really do not know who would have been better. Not my job to know that.

Heart is aching tonight, for the loss, but more for how we have become such a divided camp. Has to be hard for the kids to read this stuff, and I am sure they do.

Now we have a slight idea of how both Northwestern and McNeese state felt recently. It hurts, but still saw a team

• Fire 6

Ya, Nebraska should ALWAYS have at the very least an above average run-blocking offensive line and the ability to run the ball. Wisconsin took our strategy and has been incredibly successful. We also have the ability to get better guys at skill positions than Wisconsin, so ipso facto should be always better than they are, which is usually pretty good. That bugs me greatly.

Hard to believe you would give up on the kids. I hated the past coach, and had good documented reasons to, but I supported the kids. I have been doing it for 50 plus years.

I did not see as bad of a game as some of you did. I saw a team that never quit, was in the game even when down by 10. The last staff, they would have quit. I know they are heart broken, so is the staff, but our job is to support the kids and the staff. Not make it even worse for them.

I have been saying for a long time, we are not an elite team, may never be, may never win a another CCG or NC. But Nebraska is home and I will cheer for the kids no matter who coaches them.

We all need to step back from the ledge. Those expecting see Nebraska steam roll BYU were wrong, those expecting us to get killed by BYU were wrong, someplace in the middle with the possibility of improvement, not only in play but coaching.

Stay on track, support your team. No problems with some not liking the Riley hire. But I really do not know who would have been better. Not my job to know that.

Heart is aching tonight, for the loss, but more for how we have become such a divided camp. Has to be hard for the kids to read this stuff, and I am sure they do.

Now we have a slight idea of how both Northwestern and McNeese state felt recently. It hurts, but still saw a team

Well said.

+1

This is exactly how I feel. It would take some horrible off the field thing to make me stop being a Husker fan. For better or worse. Hell, I've been NU Basketball fan my whole life. .I'm not a fan because of how many championships we do or don't win. I'm a fan because Nebraska and Lincoln is my home. Full of happy memories growing up watching games with my family.

• Fire 1

How do you only run for 120 with a 3.4 avg against BYU when you're Nebraska? And on the flipside throw it 41 times with Tommy Armstrong? Staff obviously could give two sh*** about running the ball. The blueprint for Nebraska if they want to go pro style should again be Wisconsin, along with Stanford. You can still throw, but it should really be set up by the run and play action. When Wiscy had Russell Wilson the most attempts they had in a game was 32. When Stanford had Andrew Luck, they averaged 31 attempts per game. That's balance in a pro style offense. Those teams are still pretty successful with the scrubs they've trotted out the past few years. While Armstrong is no Luck or Wilson, he's better than Stave or Hogan. Plus he's got the ability to run.

How do you only run for 120 with a 3.4 avg against BYU when you're Nebraska? And on the flipside throw it 41 times with Tommy Armstrong? Staff obviously could give two sh*** about running the ball. The blueprint for Nebraska if they want to go pro style should again be Wisconsin, along with Stanford. You can still throw, but it should really be set up by the run and play action. When Wiscy had Russell Wilson the most attempts they had in a game was 32. When Stanford had Andrew Luck, they averaged 31 attempts per game. That's balance in a pro style offense. Those teams are still pretty successful with the scrubs they've trotted out the past few years. While Armstrong is no Luck or Wilson, he's better than Stave or Hogan. Plus he's got the ability to run.

The run game wasnt working well in the first half so they went with what worked. I thought we passed a little too much today but you cant fault the play call when they went with what was working

The run game wasnt working well in the first half so they went with what worked. I thought we passed a little too much today but you cant fault the play call when they went with what was working

The same Stanford that lost today to Northwestern? I agree that in the first half the run just wasn't there. It was evident that we miss Abdullah, who had that knack for getting the most out of a play. I think our OL needs a bit more experience before we can completely rely on the run.

True on the surface, but why couldn't we run the ball to begin with? Yes Ameer Abdullah is gone, but we should still be able to run the ball effectively, especially against a team like BYU. I saw very little emphasis placed on trying to get the run game going. It was Callahan, pound the rock-esque, where we run the ball a few times and if it doesn't gash em we abandon it to start throwing. You've got to stick with it.

True on the surface, but why couldn't we run the ball to begin with? Yes Ameer Abdullah is gone, but we should still be able to run the ball effectively, especially against a team like BYU. I saw very little emphasis placed on trying to get the run game going. It was Callahan, pound the rock-esque, where we run the ball a few times and if it doesn't gash em we abandon it to start throwing. You've got to stick with it.

4 new offensive lineman, and BYU has a nose tackle who's very very good. In a 3-4 defense if you have a run stuffing nose tackle, you're more than likely going to have success stuffing the run. As soon as he was knocked out of the game we had more success running the football. Coincidence? Absolutely not. Hopefully with more games this o-line will develop some chemistry.