New week, what do you want to see against S. Alabama?

lo country

Better play on the lines, get into a groove on rushing, no more dumb throwaway/chucks by TA, WAY less penalties, better special teams play, and better secondary coverage.

Maybe the use of a shock collar would help. Just a little buzz from the sideline after everytime he does it. It cured the dog from digging at the fence in a little over a week, Tommy should get the lesson in four practices or less. :bat

(Iwould like to have better refs-The ones who worked our game were terrible!)

More pressure on the opposing team's qb and I agree w/a previous poster: Get Your Hands Up Boys!

I would also like to see other players get a chance to play at all positions.

Lots of folks were really down on our field goal kicker- yeah he missed but he was also man enough to take responsibility. I say give him another chance.

I would like to see us run the ball more.

Does anyone have any info on the team we're playing?

Victory

Wilbon...more touches

DE's and blitzers NOT GIVING outside to QB

Tommy doing WAY BETTER with pocket presence/scrambles

Tighter coverage

New FG kicker

O line improvement

Here is Banker explaining his D in 2009 I "bolded" the parts ref the spill to the outside. I am concerned that this is done to"take away the middle of the field in the pass and run game".... Seemed a lot of the yards BYU got came form passes towards the middle of the field. Same with that long QB run and RB run in the 4th IIRC. If that's the theme, seems we need some more work in that. Agree with your point about the outside. If that's our scheme goal i.e. "spill to the outside" then that's where we should me making the plays, not giving them up.

I really hope to see more aggressive straight up DL play where that first 1-2 steps is truly up field. Although I did pay attention and saw that on every down, the DL was right on the LOS not the 1 yard off under Bo which was refreshing. BYU always had 10 yards to go for a first, not 8.5-9!

I'm sure I'm going to refer to your "gap cancellation scheme" about 50 times this season. Please, explain the basics of your defense?

Mark Banker: Most defenses are either contain defenses or they are spill defenses. We are a spill defense, meaning what we would prefer to do take away the middle the field -- both in the pass game and run game -- and we want teams to work outside on the perimeter. One reasons is we are able to use our speed to run things down as the opponent runs out of room to the outside. A lot of that starts up front. We teach our defensive line an attacking style of play. We're getting vertical off the ball and the most important thing they can do is look at the inside portion of their gap -- usually referred to a hip -- and if that hip disappears inside, they close to it to make sure there's no daylight inside so the ball bounces to the outside. It allows our linebackers to be, rather than just downhill inside, where they give away 100 pounds per man, it gives our guys a chance to go where that thing gets spilled. We create basically an alley by our secondary showing up and leveraging the ball and the linebackers are able to run through that alley to make the play.

(Iwould like to have better refs-The ones who worked our game were terrible!)

More pressure on the opposing team's qb and I agree w/a previous poster: Get Your Hands Up Boys!

I would also like to see other players get a chance to play at all positions.

Lots of folks were really down on our field goal kicker- yeah he missed but he was also man enough to take responsibility. I say give him another chance.

I would like to see us run the ball more.

Does anyone have any info on the team we're playing?

Per their website, they run a multi spread O and a 4-2-5 D. They went 6-7 last year. Their returning RB's averaged 5.4 yards per carry. (the two backs combined for 156 carries). He went for 121 on 7 carries Sat. They appear to be a pretty decent sunbelt team.

With the way we have played in the past, McNeese St, SDSU etc... we can't afford to take them lightly. Be a good time to try and get some swagger going and gain some confidence.