New week, what do you want to see against S. Alabama?

lo country

I really like a lot of the stuff we did on both sides of the ball. Just keep working on it and get better at executing it. Hope a few guys either step up on on the offensive line, or we use this game to work in a few others and see hjow they do.

Second game under a new regime. I don't expect whole sale changes to philosophy or what they do, I just expect them do gradually improve on those things they choose to do.

Keep lining up under center and work on that downhill running game some more.

(Iwould like to have better refs-The ones who worked our game were terrible!)

More pressure on the opposing team's qb and I agree w/a previous poster: Get Your Hands Up Boys!

I would also like to see other players get a chance to play at all positions.

Lots of folks were really down on our field goal kicker- yeah he missed but he was also man enough to take responsibility. I say give him another chance.

I would like to see us run the ball more.

Does anyone have any info on the team we're playing?

Per their website, they run a multi spread O and a 4-2-5 D. They went 6-7 last year. Their returning RB's averaged 5.4 yards per carry. (the two backs combined for 156 carries). He went for 121 on 7 carries Sat. They appear to be a pretty decent sunbelt team.

With the way we have played in the past, McNeese St, SDSU etc... we can't afford to take them lightly. Be a good time to try and get some swagger going and gain some confidence.

Thanks Lo. I went over to their message board to see what they think of their team after their first game. (BTW-They are really excited to come to Lincoln. A few of our posters have already went over to welcome them. They have heard about our great fans and hospitality from other people so are looking forward to coming! I know they won't be disappointed!) Anyway, here is what one of their posters said: (http://southalabama.247sports.com/Board JagsJungle Boards)-

1. X may be the most explosive back we have ever had

2. Gerald Everett is a beast

3. Blake Dees is a monster

4. Jalen looked good once he had a few snaps, he stayed close to his receivers and didn't make any major mistakes

5. Cody looked nervous, I think he'll get this out of his system and be ready to go next week

6. Still disappointed with our kick offs. Nebraska has one of the best returners in the Nation, we need to be able to reach the end zone

7. Our defense did well overall, considering they didn't know what to expect

8. Im glad we made mistakes in this game, there are plenty of teachable moments that didn't cost us a win

9. I think GWU has potential to be a good team this year, only time will tell

10. Aleem looked great

11. Punters were off today, but I know that is just a bad day, we've seen what they can do

12. Offensive line held up fairly well against that big, talented D line of GWU

13. We won

Take it for what it's worth but I'm with you-we can't afford to take ANY team for granted this year. Also, has anyone heard when De'Mornay is coming back?

It goes without saying I'd like the "W."

I'd like to see Tommy improve on those bad decisions on the intentional grounding and the Taylor Martinez style blind forward-sideways pitch. And I'd like to see more of his excellent passing.

I'd like to see a better running game from the backs, O-line, QB, and playcallers.

I'd like to see fewer penalties, fewer injuries, and fewer turnovers.

I'd like to see better FG kicking.

And I'd definitely like to see this:

less pissing and moaning by the fans after the game.

Offense

Establish the run game early and let that lead to a more balanced offense. This will make the passing game more efficient and deadly.

O-Line rotation.

The offense had the screen game setup really well, just missed quite a few of them. I'd like to see the timing get better on that.

Quicker developing running plays, especially on short yardage situations.

No intentional groundings from Tommy. He played well, but turned his back on the play a few times. Just needs to remain calm. Also the OL could help him out by sustaining a few blocks.

Defense

QB pressure. We weren't very consistent against BYU in this department.

Better pass coverage. Way too many yards were given up last week. I know they had big receivers, but that's no excuse to play 3 steps behind them.

Turnovers. We need to start forcing turnovers to win big games.

Special Teams

Field goals being made. Kicking isn't an easy job, but we need to be able to hit a minimum of 2/3 of FG.

Tyson did okay with the punting last week. Hopefully he gets a lot of practice with it this year.

Overall the coaches probably didn't know what the team would look like on the field in week 1. Now that they have had a game with them, I think we'll see a better team this week.