Stats you want to see Saturday to be "happy"

teachercd

JJHusker1: I think we need to kick a couple field goals just to give Brown a couple more shots to get things right. If not, then we find another kicker. I understand the feeling that we should not need to kick any field goals against SoBama but we will need a few kicks later on this year if we are to hope for a winning season. Your stats are about like mine in terms of where the should be if we are to be the good team we are all hoping for. This game will be a good test in that sense. There may be scenarios in which our offensive output could be lower, such as radically unusal field position created by numerous SoBama fumbles which give the offense a bunch of short drives for scores. We need the practice so we need to make some 80 yard, 9 play drives for scores with very few 'negative' plays mixed in with a bunch of well executed plays blending runs with play action passes, drop back throws, roll outs, etc. We need to run the kind of offense that opponents down the road will have to worry about. We mix in a variety of passes and powerful runs inside and outside the tackles, with a few fullback dives and traps to keep the D honest. Make the defense defend the entire field sideline to sideline, short medium and deep. When teams have to play us honest, every aspect of our team from blocking to throws/catches, etc. will be more successful.

JJHusker1: I think we need to kick a couple field goals just to give Brown a couple more shots to get things right. If not, then we find another kicker. I understand the feeling that we should not need to kick any field goals against SoBama but we will need a few kicks later on this year if we are to hope for a winning season. Your stats are about like mine in terms of where the should be if we are to be the good team we are all hoping for. This game will be a good test in that sense. There may be scenarios in which our offensive output could be lower, such as radically unusal field position created by numerous SoBama fumbles which give the offense a bunch of short drives for scores. We need the practice so we need to make some 80 yard, 9 play drives for scores with very few 'negative' plays mixed in with a bunch of well executed plays blending runs with play action passes, drop back throws, roll outs, etc. We need to run the kind of offense that opponents down the road will have to worry about. We mix in a variety of passes and powerful runs inside and outside the tackles, with a few fullback dives and traps to keep the D honest. Make the defense defend the entire field sideline to sideline, short medium and deep. When teams have to play us honest, every aspect of our team from blocking to throws/catches, etc. will be more successful.

Uhhh, my entire post was intended as sarcasm. Sorry if that was not clear but, looking at some of the other expectations and reactions to the BYU game and I can understand that maybe I wasn't extreme enough to keep it from being taken serious. Sorry for the confusion.

I would like to see over 400 yards of offense with more rushing yards than passing.

I would also like to see a continuation of low rushing yards by the opponent but combine that with problems passing.

Positive turnover margin.

Of course at least a two -three TD win.

In general, I want to see a continuation of teaching the system and correcting mistakes. There will still be some. But, continue improving every week.

I overall agree with what you'd like to see but I don't think the bold is very realistic for most games this season, including this one. If the first week is any indication of future offensive strategy, TA is going to pass at least 30 times and we're going to use a ton of screen passes. Combine this with inconsistency along the lines and a coaching staff that doesn't have a ton of experience with a mobile QB...

If we're going to do it, this would be the week since we should be able to beat S. Alabama and handle the LOS on both sides of the ball. But, I'm still skeptical.

I'm also legitimately wondering how many 100-yard rush games the team will have by an individual this season. I'd be genuinely surprised if a single back on on the team rushes for more than 100 yards more than 4-5 times this season.