Stats you want to see Saturday to be "happy"

teachercd

Positive in turnover margin

Was it -1 last week? I can't remember

Yes. One fumble and one pick to their one pick

Although, I didn't think the INT hurt that much. It was 3rd and long and TA was throwing it deep, trying to make a play. NU was down to the backup punter at the time, so it was pretty much like a punt anyway.

I said the same thing at the time. The BYU player had to make a great catch just to stay in bounds too

0 Turnovers

All FG's made

150+ yards rushing

60%+ Passing Completion

Minimal penalties

I see people talk about the 60% passing completion rate all the time. That % rate is very dependent on the passes being called. If TA is regularly throwing the ball 15+ yards, a 60% completion % would be very hard to achieve. If he is making a lot of short throws and dump-offs, then I would agree with the passing %.

I think in the 2nd quarter, what led to a lower passing % was that TA was being forced to throw further downfield. Yes, he was missing "open" guys, but it's harder to complete those passes of 15+ yards. That's why defenses will take away the short passes and force QB's to throw deeper. It's a lower % pass.