Stats you want to see Saturday to be "happy"

teachercd

Honestly, I'm headed into this game looking far more for the things that don't show up in the numbers.

Really sick of seeing guys give up on plays, and hearing about some players quitting on that final play last week....... If there's one thing I expect from Husker football, its effort.

Really like to see more from the big boys up front.

Not statistical, but better play all around. I heard about the dominant DL, and didn't see it. I want to see a complete domination of USA on both sides of the ball. Less penalties and a dedicated running attack with the RB rotation be series based, not play call based. Also flying to the ball. I heard a lot about the gang tackling, but didn't see it. Better lane integrity and guys playing like their a$$ is on fire and their head is catching. Gerry with another int.

Gonna be a long long season if we don't win this one by over 5 TDS and hold them under 21. Seriously people. ColoradoHusk indicates a pretty close game and if he is right then we are looking at a losing season. This is South Alabama. They most likely are in the bottom ten calibler. If we struggle with them, I shudder to think! That suggests the cupboard is bare! It is not empty, but there are some empty places on several shelves no doubt.

If we hope to win a majority of our games the rest of the year, we should have, as a minimum, at least 600 yards of total offense with half being on the ground and score at least 8 TDs and two field goals. Defensively, we should hold SoBama to less than 300 yards total offense and 14 points. We should have two 100 yard rushers and TA should complete 58% of 34 passes for 275 yards and 3 TDs and rush for another. We should have 3 take aways (2 picks and one fumble), 8 sacks, one kick off return over 30 yards and at least 140 yards of punt returns. Penalty yards less than 50 and no more than 2 punts during the game. Those are number indicative of a dominating performance by a very good top 35 caliber team at this point in the season.

Physically we should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Any of our top 4 running backs should look good when in the game and TA should not be pressured or sacked more than 3 times combined in the game. Fyfe should play at least 3 series in the later parts of the second half and we should score at least one TD while Fyfe is QB. Fyfe should throw at least 10 passes and complete 6 with no INTs.

I think you are gonna be disappointed then. I see this being a 38-20 or 41-24 type game.

I think you will be disappointed to, not by the score I say 42-17 but you are a little specific on the things you want to see happen.

I would like to see over 400 yards of offense with more rushing yards than passing.

I would also like to see a continuation of low rushing yards by the opponent but combine that with problems passing.

Positive turnover margin.

Of course at least a two -three TD win.

In general, I want to see a continuation of teaching the system and correcting mistakes. There will still be some. But, continue improving every week.

Offense:

Rushing: 300+ (twice as many attempts as passing, regardless of yardage, or there is a problem)
Passing: 299+ (want as many yards as possible from passing but it needs to be less than rushing totals, or there is a problem)
Complete %: 70% (unless they are all easy short throws, then it needs to be higher)
Score: 57 (or 57 more than the other team, whichever is greater)

Penalties: None for zero yards. Anything more and you have to wonder what the hell Riley has them doing in practice. I mean does this staff take this serious or not?

Defense:

Rushing: 78 or less
Passing: 83 or less
Sacks/TFL's: 14

Turnover Margin: +5
Score: 0 or less

Hail Mary's given up: Zero, for eternity.

I set these stats at the approximate point it would take to make 99% of the Riley naysayers happy. Anything less and those of you who didn't throw in the towel last week can now officially flush the season, begin the coach search (for a real one this time please), and start looking towards 2016.

Edit- Sorry forgot field goal stats;

Field Goals: zero (0). If we can't score a TD then screw it. Besides that I think some of the more rational fans executed our kicker after last weeks game.