Stats you want to see Saturday to be "happy"

teachercd

Honestly, I'm headed into this game looking far more for the things that don't show up in the numbers.

Really sick of seeing guys give up on plays, and hearing about some players quitting on that final play last week....... If there's one thing I expect from Husker football, its effort.

Really like to see more from the big boys up front.

Honestly, I'm headed into this game looking far more for the things that don't show up in the numbers.

Really sick of seeing guys give up on plays, and hearing about some players quitting on that final play last week....... If there's one thing I expect from Husker football, its effort.

That's where I'm at. I'm not concerned with stats for the most part. It's tough to judge against competition that isn't on the same level as the better teams in the B1G, but minimization of penalties and more efficient play-calling can still be noticed.

Positive in turnover margin

Was it -1 last week? I can't remember

Yes. One fumble and one pick to their one pick

Although, I didn't think the INT hurt that much. It was 3rd and long and TA was throwing it deep, trying to make a play. NU was down to the backup punter at the time, so it was pretty much like a punt anyway.

I wasn't suggesting that Armstrong's INT hurt the team. But some game it will so I just want to see us in the positive.

That's where I'm at. I'm not concerned with stats for the most part. It's tough to judge against competition that isn't on the same level as the better teams in the B1G, but minimization of penalties and more efficient play-calling can still be noticed.

Penalties. Ugh. No stupid, blatantly flagrant, intentional grounding calls.

Positive in turnover margin

Was it -1 last week? I can't remember

Yes. One fumble and one pick to their one pick

Although, I didn't think the INT hurt that much. It was 3rd and long and TA was throwing it deep, trying to make a play. NU was down to the backup punter at the time, so it was pretty much like a punt anyway.

I wasn't suggesting that Armstrong's INT hurt the team. But some game it will so I just want to see us in the positive.

I agree. Some turnovers hurt (like the fumble at our own 20), some turnovers are inconsequential. I do agree that on an overall/general basis, the team that loses the turnover battle (especially when it's -2 turnovers) loses the game.

If we hope to win a majority of our games the rest of the year, we should have, as a minimum, at least 600 yards of total offense with half being on the ground and score at least 8 TDs and two field goals. Defensively, we should hold SoBama to less than 300 yards total offense and 14 points. We should have two 100 yard rushers and TA should complete 58% of 34 passes for 275 yards and 3 TDs and rush for another. We should have 3 take aways (2 picks and one fumble), 8 sacks, one kick off return over 30 yards and at least 140 yards of punt returns. Penalty yards less than 50 and no more than 2 punts during the game. Those are number indicative of a dominating performance by a very good top 35 caliber team at this point in the season.

Physically we should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Any of our top 4 running backs should look good when in the game and TA should not be pressured or sacked more than 3 times combined in the game. Fyfe should play at least 3 series in the later parts of the second half and we should score at least one TD while Fyfe is QB. Fyfe should throw at least 10 passes and complete 6 with no INTs.

If we hope to win a majority of our games the rest of the year, we should have, as a minimum, at least 600 yards of total offense with half being on the ground and score at least 8 TDs and two field goals. Defensively, we should hold SoBama to less than 300 yards total offense and 14 points. We should have two 100 yard rushers and TA should complete 58% of 34 passes for 275 yards and 3 TDs and rush for another. We should have 3 take aways (2 picks and one fumble), 8 sacks, one kick off return over 30 yards and at least 140 yards of punt returns. Penalty yards less than 50 and no more than 2 punts during the game. Those are number indicative of a dominating performance by a very good top 35 caliber team at this point in the season.

Physically we should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Any of our top 4 running backs should look good when in the game and TA should not be pressured or sacked more than 3 times combined in the game. Fyfe should play at least 3 series in the later parts of the second half and we should score at least one TD while Fyfe is QB. Fyfe should throw at least 10 passes and complete 6 with no INTs.

I think you are gonna be disappointed then. I see this being a 38-20 or 41-24 type game.