Secondary Play

One thing we need to do this week is clean up our secondary play! You know Miami is going to be watching that during film sessions this week. Kaaya is no slouch when it comes to throwing the rock.

One thing that might help our secondary next week is I think Miami's O line is going to be fairly inexperienced, which might help our d line get some push.

Against a better team, that pass D will get us the L. I know it was mentioned in the game thread about stopping the run to win and limiting the TD's on the pass. We can't afford to let better teams in 3rd and long complete 20 yard passes. As mentioned above, Kayaa will come out firing until we can stop him and his arm. We have looked rough the past two games.

You can "excuse" last week as Hill was a pre-season hypes man.... But tonight...

We gotta do something, or Kayya throw for 500.

Even if we did nothing, Kaaya wouldn't throw for 500 yards. But I fully anticipate our staff to go into the film room and diagnose what's going on with Davie. Should be good to go for Miami.

Maybe play more bump and run at the LOS? Give our DL a few more seconds to get the QB? Go to a 3 man DL front?

Against a better team, that pass D will get us the L. I know it was mentioned in the game thread about stopping the run to win and limiting the TD's on the pass. We can't afford to let better teams in 3rd and long complete 20 yard passes. As mentioned above, Kayaa will come out firing until we can stop him and his arm. We have looked rough the past two games.

You can "excuse" last week as Hill was a pre-season hypes man.... But tonight...

The one silver lining I'll say here is that it's clear our focus tonight was shutting down the run, which we did phenomenally well. That means they were pretty much forced to throw all game and eventually they were going to get theirs to some degree against our secondary. It seems Davie and Cockrell were struggling tonight, and I think Cockrell's pretty fortunate he didn't get tossed from the game early one.

I'm definitely conscerned with the secondary though and I'm just hoping they find some ways to limit the big plays.

I don't know if our guys are being coached differently this year but it doesn't seem like our corners are looking back for the ball. There have been a number of catches that could have been broken up if the CB was playing the ball.

Hate singling out a guy but Davie isn't good enough to be on an island. Poor coverage like we saw today will lose us games against better competition.

Let's go with that old favorite, we were going vanilla on D. We'll do crazy blitz packages to get more pressure on him so it won't matter if his receivers are open. I feel better already.

With this staff and its experience I can actually believe this. Maybe experimenting a little knowing it wouldn't cost us tonight. The previous staff, I fell for that crap for years until I realized that's all they were capable off......