Thoughts on leaving Newby in there for so long?

My question is where is a guy like Adam Taylor. Not a whiff of him. Is he just not D-1 material?

As to the point of leaving newby in, gotta establish a #1 back. Thought they did that tonight. I think he looks pretty explosive and very athletic. Good job running tonight. The full backs did a great job cut blocking and getting to second level. Newby used their blocks very well to find his creases.

Imani has never been and will never be a 15-18 carry guy, get over it. Newby and Wilbon are the guys.

Did that poster from Katy, Texas change his name on here?

Wilbon is gonna be a stud later, and I won't be surprised if he takes Newby's spot when he's gone. But he's young and hasn't proven much other than very good moves and situational awareness. His pass blocking is pretty bad, his ball handling scares the hell out of me, and I don't know how good he catches play action passes.

Give him reps when possible and groom him for a year, and he could be this team's next Ameer.

Imani could have ran for well over a 100 tonight. A little confused as to their (Wilbon and Cross) lack of playing time tonight.

Imani isn't good. He needs a clean run for 3-4 yards to make a nice gain.

I think he is good however...I just think he lacks the vision and shiftiness that our other tailbacks have. Just a guess
Is he really a good RB if he lacks vision and shiftiness? Those are 2 pretty big attributes of a good RB.

Not if he is strictly a down hill runner. A bruiser back so to speak

You're not wrong, but it just seems he's built more for a Fullback position than a straight RB. I love the guy, if his nickname isn't Juggernaut then I don't know why not. Once he's up to speed it usually takes a good three or more guys to stop him. But yeah, he's never going to have breakaway speed, and I think he's set as RB purely to use him more. They don't have many plays that use a FB, and I think Imari's too good to keep sidelined most of the time.

I dunno, there's not a good answer for him. Not fast enough to be a true RB, but not bulky enough to be a FB lane maker either.

Imani could have ran for well over a 100 tonight. A little confused as to their (Wilbon and Cross) lack of playing time tonight.

Imani isn't good. He needs a clean run for 3-4 yards to make a nice gain.

I think he is good however...I just think he lacks the vision and shiftiness that our other tailbacks have. Just a guess
Is he really a good RB if he lacks vision and shiftiness? Those are 2 pretty big attributes of a good RB.

Not if he is strictly a down hill runner. A bruiser back so to speak

You're not wrong, but it just seems he's built more for a Fullback position than a straight RB. I love the guy, if his nickname isn't Juggernaut then I don't know why not. Once he's up to speed it usually takes a good three or more guys to stop him. But yeah, he's never going to have breakaway speed, and I think he's set as RB purely to use him more. They don't have many plays that use a FB, and I think Imari's too good to keep sidelined most of the time.

I dunno, there's not a good answer for him. Not fast enough to be a true RB, but not bulky enough to be a FB lane maker either.

Cross is bigger than our FBs, but he wants to be a RB. He is 6' 1", which is a little short for a TE. But with our lack of depth at TE, it would be nice to see if he fits in some 2 TE sets.

My question is where is a guy like Adam Taylor. Not a whiff of him. Is he just not D-1 material?

As to the point of leaving newby in, gotta establish a #1 back. Thought they did that tonight. I think he looks pretty explosive and very athletic. Good job running tonight. The full backs did a great job cut blocking and getting to second level. Newby used their blocks very well to find his creases.

Imani has never been and will never be a 15-18 carry guy, get over it. Newby and Wilbon are the guys.

I think Newby and Wilbon fit Riley's offensive scheme better than Imani. But I believe it was Wilbon who wiffed on a block that led to the interception with BYU. Imani gets props for pass blocking. But there is no doubt in my mine, that in a different offensive scheme, say Iowa or GA Tech's, Imani could be a 1000 yard rusher. All three of these backs would be starters at many schools. And maybe Adam Taylor is better than all of them. It doesn't bother me to see a guy from Katy, who knows Adam Taylor, plugging his guy. What bothers me is seeing Husker fans dis a Husker senior who has given his all to the program. The board wrote Imani off this off season, and armchair coaches declare, Imani is no good in spite of his 5+ ypc career average. You line up and try to stop him.

In an obvious cupcake game, I'd prefer to play everybody. It's just arrogance from the administration that they're going to show us who's boss, just like Pelini, when they do these unusual things. I'm not at all impressed by running up stats in a gimme.....we've already seen that;...now show us what you can do against the Big boys.

In regard to Newby.....I thought he ran much harder in the third quarter and showed that he's capable of running in a style that won't get him killed against the Big Ten teams. Back in his freshman year I likened him to Barry Sanders and I hope I wasn't mistaken.

I know it's nice to see this kid rack up some rushing yards but to be honest....I thought he was left in there a bit too long towards the end of the game. I kept holding my breath hoping like hell he wouldn't get hurt!

You pull the back when you have a clear number one. Would we be lost without him? Not even close. Would we have been lost without ameer? Yes. You pull a proven back. When we need him to improve the live game reps become invaluable IMO. He may have to take that load of carries later in the year, best to let him get a feel. IMo

• Fire 2