Why were we slinging the rock in the 4th?

benjibean1

I am happy to see the Huskers win tonight but I dont understand why we continued to let Fyfe sling the rock all throughout the 4th quarter. It is one thing if you want to run it up by running the ball...but to keep moving it that way just felt low class.

Here is to hoping I can feel the same way next week in the 4th quarter when we are in Maimi.

I think you run the offense and especially when you have a young team and new players running a new system and you are facing a long tough schedule ahead. We can't afford to be nice and lay on the ball in the 4th quarter. We did not really run up the score as it was only in the 40s anyway. If we had been throwing for the end zone up by 60, that might be different. But we substituted a bunch and played a number of young guys anyway. We ran our offense and should. We are not a run run run run and run some more offense either. I would have liked to have Fyfe throw a few more balls myself. I said before the game that we needed to see him throw 10 times and complete 6 for a TD. Not sure if he got that many but I don't it. More like about 6 or so.

• Fire 2

I am happy to see the Huskers win tonight but I dont understand why we continued to let Fyfe sling the rock all throughout the 4th quarter. It is one thing if you want to run it up by running the ball...but to keep moving it that way just felt low class.

Here is to hoping I can feel the same way next week in the 4th quarter when we are in Maimi.

You received a lot of participation awards growing up huh?

Who is Maimi and why will we be in her?

Why bother even putting in backups if we are gonna just run the clock out? Fyfe needs real game experience, you get that by following the normal game plan.

• Fire 5