***Miami Game Discussion***

Listen: the game is not over yet! We get one turnover early in third and punch one in and we're back in it, despite playing horribly! A terrible first quarter. Too many bonehead penalties - a couple of which were about 35 yard penalties and drive killers. We overcame a couple near 3rd and punt situations. However, we are not getting turnover. Tackling is good but we need to hit and strip the ball. I suspect Miami will attempt to move the ball some but may want to be more cautious to avoid the pick 6 scenario that makes the game more competitive. They will want to run clock. We need to quit the stupid 'stretch' plays. They are poorly designed and absent defense errors, they won't work very often. We need quick hitters with average speed running backs. Delays and slow to break plays allow the defense to cover too easily and require the blocks to be longer lasting and more devastating. Not our strength certainly.

I see nothing on the field to back this up.

While it has been a rough first half, 84HuskerLaw is right. One big play can swing the momentum and get the team clicking. They came back against BYU, maybe they can do it again.

Big difference we where at home.

I wonder if the headset issues are causing the Playcalling issues...

Our OC is on the field. Junior high teams can communicate better. Crowd is not an issue
Wasn't aware OC was on the field. Thanks!
You know what's I meant captain technical. :)

Nah, I was being sincere, and not my usual a**hole self. Truly wasn't aware our OC was at field level.

I think it's official, autumn is no longer football season in Nebraska.

It's hunting and Oktoberfest season.

It is what's it's been for 20 years - Volleyball Season. ;)

Honestly, I love me some VB.

But 20 years ago we were the best team in history. 2 years later, legit NC #5.

I'm not ready to give up on the football program, but I am ready to hit the GA hall in a couple of hours to get some real beer.

Listen: the game is not over yet! We get one turnover early in third and punch one in and we're back in it, despite playing horribly! A terrible first quarter. Too many bonehead penalties - a couple of which were about 35 yard penalties and drive killers. We overcame a couple near 3rd and punt situations. However, we are not getting turnover. Tackling is good but we need to hit and strip the ball. I suspect Miami will attempt to move the ball some but may want to be more cautious to avoid the pick 6 scenario that makes the game more competitive. They will want to run clock. We need to quit the stupid 'stretch' plays. They are poorly designed and absent defense errors, they won't work very often. We need quick hitters with average speed running backs. Delays and slow to break plays allow the defense to cover too easily and require the blocks to be longer lasting and more devastating. Not our strength certainly.

Nothing this team has done so far this season shows they are capable of winning a game after coming from behind.

New QB I'm done with this bullsh#t. He refuses to check down. Warm up Darlington. We need a general on the field.

Not sure he qualifies as a general, maybe a private first class. Zero game experience.
Coach's kid. Need decision making before play making
I'm sure he can command the receivers to start catching the ball...
We need a change. Tommy has already missed too many check downs. He is staring down the primary.

Youre right...then he's hitting them in the chest and they drop it. Can't fault him for that. When he checked down it was dropped...good insight though

I wonder if the headset issues are causing the Playcalling issues...

Our OC is on the field. Junior high teams can communicate better. Crowd is not an issue
Wasn't aware OC was on the field. Thanks!
You know what's I meant captain technical. :)
Nah, I was being sincere, and not my usual a**hole self. Truly wasn't aware our OC was at field level.

Ah IC. No worries.

Some very glaring errors. Ask yourself this question. With the same play calls, both offensively and defensively, but with better athletes, would things be significantly different? It seems many of the plays were called well and correctly, just not the studs to pull it off. Several of the D plays on pass coverage had folks in the right place, just didn't make the plays.

And penalties..what the heck is up with that?