Now that the Non-conference is over, what are your thoughts/expectations for this season?

Saunders

What's our record to finish the year?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers are wins, after that I'm hoping for one of those signature Mike Riley upsets to get us to 6 wins and a bowl game.

At this point I don't think there are any guarantees. Unfortunately I think we're at the beginning of an even further slide towards mediocrity. Hopefully the AD will learn the correct way to do things from the Michigan hire and will follow that formula when the time comes again in 3 years.

We saw what michigan did to BYU, and if anyone noticed, NC flippin State beat S. Alabama 63-13. All I'm hoping for is a bowl game, and maybe we'll be tougher next year...

I don't hate bo, but I don't miss him. S'pose it was his time to go. All I care about is where we are now. For those who were there, and those who watched, did you notice the decibel level when Janovich was rumbling? That's the loudest I've heard the stadium since OU in 09. 90% of those in red have been BEGGING for smashmouth football for 11 years, and Riley just ain't gonna bring it here.

• Fire 1

We saw what michigan did to BYU, and if anyone noticed, NC flippin State beat S. Alabama 63-13. All I'm hoping for is a bowl game, and maybe we'll be tougher next year...

I don't hate bo, but I don't miss him. S'pose it was his time to go. All I care about is where we are now. For those who were there, and those who watched, did you notice the decibel level when Janovich was rumbling? That's the loudest I've heard the stadium since OU in 09. 90% of those in red have been BEGGING for smashmouth football for 11 years, and Riley just ain't gonna bring it here.

We shall see, 408 never let the fullback carry the ball at all, Langsdorf has it in his playbook and said he will use it against susceptible defenses

Excellent calls with great results for Langsdorf. But he and Riley are on the same page as pro style coaches. Among Riley, Pelini and Callahan, Pelini put the most focus on running the ball based on his experiences and being the only one of the three who took input from Osborne.

I expect them to win every game, except maybe Michigan State, until they don't. I'm not enamored by the Big Ten and what they have done in non-conference and a lot of details/nuances that go into what happens in any given game makes every match up unique to itself, given there are some observations/predictions that can be made but game planning can change the perceived likely outcome. Let's hope our coaches get the right game plans together for each of our conference opponents. I believe for the most part they will, if they don't i'm not going to call for their heads because I believe in a few years the BIG Ten is going to wish Riley never showed up at Nebraska and it may mean getting rid of his old buddy in the end, but cross that bridge when we come to it. Am I concerned about our pass defense, you bet your a**, but I believe our over all talent and coaching is good enough to win these games. GBR

I'm going to say 7-5. I hope for better, but I think another 5-3 conference record was always going to be a max likelihood for this season. If we could've scraped by Miami and BYU, that's another 9-win regular season. We came close, but no cigar there. So 7-5 is now a likely result.

It's exactly like saunders says, IMO. We're better in some areas -- very encouraging -- and have fallen off in others. I'd argue that neither is surprising.

That said, a 5-3 caliber team only needs to put it together a little bit to go 6-2 or 7-1 in the conference schedule. If this team is healthy, they can beat everyone (possibly sans Michigan State). Totally can see this happening. That, unfortunately, cuts both ways.

• Fire 1