Another Appreciation of Tommy's Progress

Landlord

Numbers don't lie. For all the good that TA does, its equally bad. He misses his receivers at a high rate, and its hurting the offense in general.

I will never throw a player under the bus, too many factors involved. Time to shake things up on offense some though.

The line can't sustain blocks and the offense becomes to predictable, just like last year, year before, year before that..............

Speechless. Can't remember ever seeing a team lose so many games in this manner.

• Fire 3

He misses his receivers at a high rate, and its hurting the offense in general.

Armstrong only hurts THIS type of offense. I guess Riley expects Tommy to adapt to Langsdorf, rather than vice versa. I would think that since Langsdorf is cashing the check, maybe he should be making the greater effort.

Just some numbers worth throwing out.

Tommy is currently 8th in the country in passing yards per game. A lot of that has to do with being asked to throw more by the coaches, but the last two years, even if he was asked to throw 30-50 times a game, I don't think he was capable of getting anywhere close to that.

He's 6th in the country in passing touchdowns with 11.

His QBR is currently 146.8. His QBR the last two seasons have been 124.3 and 133.0.

He's averaging 22/38 (58%) for 316.5 yards, 2.75 touchdowns, 1.67 INT per game, not including any rushing numbers.

These are really, really good numbers. For reference, here were Tim Tebow's average numbers the year of his Heisman - 18/27 (67%) for 252 yards, 2.46 TDs and .46 INT per game.

There was a thread about this earlier this year - about which stat was more important to Armstrong and his development as a QB.

The only stat that matters is the most important one. WINS. I got my butt chewed by many on this board about that.

Well - 2-4. How's that stat add up?

• Fire 1

The problem is Tommy has terrible habits he reverts back to. In practice, you rarely see the mechanical or footwork issues he has. He hits a majority of the easy passes (screens, hitches, etc.,) that you see him miss in games.

Tommy's issues are ALL mental. He gets in a game, he panics, and he forgets nearly everything he has learned or been taught. He goes back to poor old habits he has always had, and it leads to so many fixable issues he continues to show.

At some point, we all have to realize that Tommy is a 4th year junior QB, and he just is who he is now.