So Tommy Decided to Pass?

Even if it was supposed to be a designed roll out that's a dumb call, just hand the ball of and let your back pick up the 1st down. Even if he doesn't get it they don't have enough time to drive down field. Coaching staff instead tries to get cute

The fake wasn't even very good. It looked almost like a busted play from the start, anyway. Anything outside of the tackles at that point was a bad play call.

I thought it was a busted play. I also thought MR should have called a time out and told TA not to throw the ball no matter what. The other thing I don't understand is that if the staff was not going to kick the FG, then they knew they had two plays to get the first down, and run the clock, so why run the ball?

I think that Tommy was supposed to give the ball to Ozigbo and he ran to wide for Tommy to complete the handoff. Then he tried to improvise the pass.

At least with Callahan we signed 4 star and 5 star talent.

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

The new staff got here in December and January, signing day is in February. How much could they have done?

• Fire 1

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

The new staff got here in December and January, signing day is in February. How much could they have done?

Psssst...don't tell anyone but recruiting commitments can happen before signing day. There are websites with this information.

True that.

Psssst...don't tell anyone but recruiting commitments can happen before signing day. There are websites with this information.

I get it, I guess I was just reading it as immediate help at those positions

I've seen Joe Ganz mention it, and it's true - coaches are paid millions to eat s... on a daily basis. It's part of the job description, and it's a way to protect and earn the respect of the players.

Today, as soon as the game was over, what did the coaches do? Riley and Langsdorf pointed the finger directly at Tommy.

IDK whether it was a run or pass. Does not matter. But if I'm a 40, 50 or 60 year old man, I'm taking the hit for a 20 year old kid. It's your job to protect these kids from situations like these and deflect blame. As a grown man, you've been there, done that, and know how to handle it better than a young kid.

Just a bad situation all the way around. And the coaches are making a bad situation even worse.

I hope this isn't the narrative going forward. The play calling decisions in a gale force wind and sideways rain should be the real story. 31 pass lays in those cnditions when you are ahead the entire game. What the f#*k?

Forget the last two plays. How about they answer for the other 59 minutes of terrible decisions.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if Tommy improvised that third down pass. The game should never have come down to that, and games NEVER hinge on one play.

I think this is the problem for Nebraska right now. Not good enough to really blow teams out, so games are going to come down to one or two plays late in the game. So, when it does, the coaches need to learn from their past mistakes (BYU) and do something a little different.

They did and ran a cover 2. Gerry f'd that up and let a WR get behind him.

True that.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

It was another in string of questionable terrible j@ck@ss play calls that ended up busted at the snap but I don't think anyone is lying about it not supposed to be a pass. This sort of thing is going to happens when you are trying to install a new system and are relying on different personnel every week. If the reports are right, Carter and Ozigbo both had the play wrong and Armstrong tried to improvise. That stupid plays take away spoiled positive games for both Carter and Ozigbo.

It was a rough day for Armstrong too but he has progressed enough as a passer this year that he could should be an awesome dual-threat cornerstone of a solid running-based offensive scheme. The coaching staff clearly doesn't want that and so he's trying to fit their system. That's what he is supposed to do but I think it's hurting his game; a year ago I think he tucks it and runs on that play. I can't fault him for trying to make a play but he's clearly been overcoached not to run and for a player with his skills that's a huge mistake.

True that.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

A top 10 class is in the works?