Is there anything positive to take from yesterday's game?

NUance

Defense played well despite the offense literally giving the game to Illinois.

Agreed. That basically sums it up.

Our defensive line was great. Like, really great. Collins was a force. There was a lot of rotation, lots of guys played, and almost all of them played well. I feel like we did more at linebacker, and had good help when we needed it to cut off running angles on the edge of the field. Defensively, it was a good day for us.

Ozigbo finishes runs and hits holes with intensity. Those two things define him as worlds apart from Newby. The fullback 'trap' type play was again decent. Janovich's overall play is good.

But Westerkamp's drop that would have put us in a position to either score on that play or at least get a field goal was so depressing. And the inability to convert one last first down to ice the game, which was practically exactly the same situation as BYU, was just unbelievable. So unbelievable, that it surely points to systemic problems this coaching staff has with both coaching the run, and their run philosophy in general. Illinois shouldn't have gotten the ball back, and BYU shouldn't have gotten the ball back.

I think our coaches could potentially review the use of Ozigbo and create an altered game plan for Wisconsin...but I have very little faith in this.

• Fire 2

After yesterday's game, the heartbreakers vs Miami and BYU, I'm getting better at taking painful losses.

This one hurt the most though.

Losses during the Pelini era, well, you could usually see them coming. The last one that really burned me like this was the 10-9 loss to Iowa State or the NW "We didn't even watch film on those guys" loss.

Like I told my wife last night after I pouted for far too long, the rest of the losses this season won't be this bad. I never would have thought we would loss to Illi-@Q#$@ing-Noise, no matter how bad things got. So now any loss the rest of the season I think I can react to as more of an adult, even if we lose to Purdue or Rutgers.

So to summarize: From my wife's perspective, she won't have to put up with post Illi-Noise loss me for the rest of the season. And that's a positive.

Ozigbo might be the answer we're looking for at RB.

Defense played a good game (with some help from Illinois obviously).

Jano is an absolute monster. What a sad tale of him wasting away on the bench for 3 years.

We have a TE now!

That's about it. Time to get as many youngsters experience as possible and plan for the future. This season is done.

I spent the day with three of the best people on the face of this planet...old friends that I see way to seldom. Spending time with them while watching the game put a "big picture" frame of reference on the game. It is a game, played by young boys. It should have little to no effect on my life. To me, that kind of reminder is a good thing.

I spent the day with three of the best people on the face of this planet...old friends that I see way to seldom. Spending time with them while watching the game put a "big picture" frame of reference on the game. It is a game, played by young boys. It should have little to no effect on my life. To me, that kind of reminder is a good thing.

+1

10-15 years ago, I would have been a raving lunatic, like most of the posters on this board today. But, I have learned to support my team but keep it in perspective. Its a game, it does not effect my life in the least.