Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate. They were not a powerful team last year. In seven years, where Bo got Nebraska was an Iowa-caliber program on the decline, thanks to roster issues that were coming to the fore.

How DARE you!

When we beat an annual TOP 10 CONTENDER like IOWA, I was celebrating!

I don't know if you're new here, but Nebraska celebrates salvaging a hard fought, down to the wire win like that IOWA win. It's the close games with Minnesota that we just can't stand!

When we beat Iowa I was thanking the Lord!

giphy.gif

One more year with Bo! Thank you Jesus!

That is a LOT of angst in one post, True. Maybe you are a little emo? #True2TheEmo #True2tRedEmo #TrulyEmo2tRA

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate. They were not a powerful team last year. In seven years, where Bo got Nebraska was an Iowa-caliber program on the decline, thanks to roster issues that were coming to the fore.

How DARE you!

When we beat an annual TOP 10 CONTENDER like IOWA, I was celebrating!

I don't know if you're new here, but Nebraska celebrates salvaging a hard fought, down to the wire win like that IOWA win. It's the close games with Minnesota that we just can't stand!

When we beat Iowa I was thanking the Lord!

giphy.gif

One more year with Bo! Thank you Jesus!

That is a LOT of angst in one post, True. Maybe you are a little emo? #True2TheEmo #True2tRedEmo #TrulyEmo2tRA

28093.gif

I'm an emo kid, nonconforming as can be...

About the 90% thing, I really wouldn't be too surprised. I would send a supporting email if I could. I love Riley. This is year one. I'd expect most reasonable fans, even those unhappy with our performance, to be encouraging at this point in a new coach's tenure. He seems like the kind of guy who encourages active positivity to surpass the grouches. And if the numbers are being massaged a little, so what? It's a positive for the program and doesn't inaccurately reflect the goodwill many, many Nebraska fans have for the new sherriff in town.

And as far as Eichorst making the comments, it's fine. The Head Coach clearly doesn't have his job on the line just yet, and it's a good reminder that some of this craziness really is on the fringes.

I doubt a "happy with the performance" poll would approach 90% or even 50%. But there's definitely a vocal "Riley should be fired" fan segment already, which seems highly unusual this early on -- and, like Keyshawn said, provides an opportunity for opposing coaches on the recruiting trail. This statement merely tries to dispel that crazy notion.

That Iowa win was nothing to celebrate.

Wow......

Interesting view.

Hey, apologies for my grouchiness last night, by the way. Definitely poorly worded on my part, but hopefully the rest of that original post got my point across.

Okay, the Bama/Michigan formula......so who, outside of Saban or Harbaugh or Urban would've been an acceptable choice for our new head coach?

I'm sort of tired of people using hindsight to dictate what should've could've might have been. It's stupid easy to say it should've been so and so after they have actually done something. CFB is littered with coaches who were successful one place and biffed it at another. There's so much more to it IMO.

This is a pretty tired act. First people complain that a lot of posters aren't giving Riley a chance and they've wanted him to fail from the beginning. Now you're saying it's hindsight. Can't be both.

There were plenty of candidates thrown around. None of them was Riley. One of them is now coaching at Florida. Asking someone to prove something that didn't happen is grasping at straws.

Anyone else find it strange he did an interview with KETV yesterday? I thought he had a "policy" about not speaking about the team during the season?

I think it's an indication he's feeling a certain degree of heat regarding Riley and the team's performance. I believe he referred to 90% of the e-mails he receives being positive. I'm not sure what his definition of positive is, but.......

Yeah I'm calling BS on that statement. Who jumps up to rip off immediate emails of approval? Was his inbox "flooded", no doubt, but I'm thinking he had trouble fiquring percentages in school.

At least now he gave up his "tell". When he cranks his eyebrows way up, you know what is coming out of his mouth is such putrid BS that he's straining not to close his eyes from the burn. :rickjames

Bo may be a hot-headed grump but I didn't think he was just talking out of his ass about Eichorst last year. Now I'm sure of it. This guy is a total politician.

• Fire 2

Obviously Eichorst had Riley throw this game since he hates Nebraska so much and is just waiting for the Wisconsin AD job.

I can't believe anybody has said this yet, so I did it for you. You're welcome.

"..and the dreaded Strawman was slain...and people rejoiced throughout the land..." c'mon man you're a Mod ffs :facepalm:

• Fire 2

I like Eichorst and the values that he looks for in his coaches. Personally I think his style and his values fit Nebraska perfectly, and I'd hate for success-hungry fans to get in the way. Do things the right way, and successfully, but if you can't have both, at least have the former.

Look at Florida's AD as an example: he hired Urban Meyer. Then he hired Will Muschamp. Now he's hired Jim McElwain.

Not every coach is going to work out. The jury's out on McElwain, and Muschamp failed spectacularly in his what, 3? 4 years. But was there drama? No. He recruited well and made a classy exit with a positive message for his players.

Finding an ace of a football coach is not easy. But as for the AD, how he conducts his affairs and the types of people he chooses to represent your university are just as important as to whether or not he strikes W/L gold. As long as he understands when it's time to cut bait on one experiment and go for the next one. If Riley doesn't have things going well at the end of his 4th or 5th year, change directions but hire someone with similar class. We don't sell out "Nebraska Nice" to get our 10 win seasons to thump our chests about. That's the UNL AD I expect to see.

Now, a guy like Bo will disagree with me on Eichorst's "core values", but no thanks to siding with Bo in this area.

I like Eichorst and the values that he looks for in his coaches. Personally I think his style and his values fit Nebraska perfectly, and I'd hate for success-hungry fans to get in the way. Do things the right way, and successfully, but if you can't have both, at least have the former.

Look at Florida's AD as an example: he hired Urban Meyer. Then he hired Will Muschamp. Now he's hired Jim McElwain.

Not every coach is going to work out. The jury's out on McElwain, and Muschamp failed spectacularly in his what, 3? 4 years. But was there drama? No. He recruited well and made a classy exit with a positive message for his players.

Finding an ace of a football coach is not easy. But as for the AD, how he conducts his affairs and the types of people he chooses to represent your university are just as important as to whether or not he strikes W/L gold. As long as he understands when it's time to cut bait on one experiment and go for the next one. If Riley doesn't have things going well at the end of his 4th or 5th year, change directions but hire someone with similar class. We don't sell out "Nebraska Nice" to get our 10 win seasons to thump our chests about. That's the UNL AD I expect to see.

Now, a guy like Bo will disagree with me on Eichorst's "core values", but no thanks to siding with Bo in this area.

If Riley was to be let go after 3 to 4 years, I don't think he would would be a jack ass like Bo was after being let go.

• Fire 1