I want to beat these guys. To a pulp.

Wisconsin is the closest thing that Nebraska has to a rival in the Big 10 in my opinion. They have beaten us in the regular season (by a TON), we had an epic comeback against them, and they ruined our first conference championship in 15 years with a team that went 7-5 in the regular season. To me it feels like this team is fired up to play these guys and put a whooping on them for what they've been able to do to Nebraska the past few seasons. They have injuries and difficulties, we have injuries and difficulties, yet I still expect both teams to come out and play at a high level, because of the respect that both have for their opponent. I think NU is going to come into this game HUNGRY for a win, to shut the haters on Wisconsin, to shut the haters on Riley, and to shut the haters about being eliminated in the division- for at least a week.

Nebraska does have some injury issues that need to be addressed. Will we see Givens Price at DT now that Maurice is out? Will McMullen slide inside and/or we pull the redshirt off Carlos Davis (I really really hope we don't do this- would be so short sighted in my opinion)?

There are story lines all over this week, and yet for the first time since we came into the B1G and went to that top 10 matchup in Madison, I feel like we are going to beat these guys. Anyone else feel a strange sense of confidence for this game?

I only hate Michigan and then, as a distant second, Ohio State (mostly Urban there) - that has something to do with another team I root for, to be clear. Northwestern sort of gets on my nerves, I suppose. Some Iowa fans can be annoying, too. On the other side, Michigan State isn't tough to root for when they're not playing Nebraska. Wisconsin isn't at that level but I don't hate them. I just hate how we've played against them. p.s. - It helps that I've had some fun in WI and, way back when, a roommate from that state was the only one who would believe me when I said we could beat Miami in the '95 OB.

Wisconsin is the closest thing that Nebraska has to a rival in the Big 10 in my opinion. They have beaten us in the regular season (by a TON), we had an epic comeback against them, and they ruined our first conference championship in 15 years with a team that went 7-5 in the regular season. To me it feels like this team is fired up to play these guys and put a whooping on them for what they've been able to do to Nebraska the past few seasons. They have injuries and difficulties, we have injuries and difficulties, yet I still expect both teams to come out and play at a high level, because of the respect that both have for their opponent. I think NU is going to come into this game HUNGRY for a win, to shut the haters on Wisconsin, to shut the haters on Riley, and to shut the haters about being eliminated in the division- for at least a week.

Nebraska does have some injury issues that need to be addressed. Will we see Givens Price at DT now that Maurice is out? Will McMullen slide inside and/or we pull the redshirt off Carlos Davis (I really really hope we don't do this- would be so short sighted in my opinion)?

There are story lines all over this week, and yet for the first time since we came into the B1G and went to that top 10 matchup in Madison, I feel like we are going to beat these guys. Anyone else feel a strange sense of confidence for this game?

Personally, I see Iowa as a more natural rival than the Badgers (since we share a border & many fans), and they will probably beat the pulp out of us this year (worse than Wisconsin will).

I only knew one Wiscy fan growing up. Went to school with him. He was a very odd kid. Made their success that much less palatable.

I grew to really dislike Wisconsin because they were s damn consistent. For a while there, you could wake up, brush your teeth, and pencil Wscy into the Rose Bowl. And the RB would always at least be in the Heisman discussion. They were, in a sense, what we aspire to be: always a competitive team, good for 9+ wins, always playing for CCG and/or major bowl game, all while bludgeoning opponents by running right at them. They know their strengths and play to them. They don't get blown out. They rarely beat themselves.

The blowouts under Bo were too much. Definitely want this one.

Personally, I see Iowa as a more natural rival than the Badgers (since we share a border & many fans), and they will probably beat the pulp out of us this year (worse than Wisconsin will).

I've never heard of a Husker fan who thinks Iowa is our rival..................... eyeswear2allthatsholy

I've never heard of a Husker fan who thinks Iowa is our rival..................... eyeswear2allthatsholy

Seems to me that it's a budding rival...the last few match-ups with them have been exciting to say the least.