Listen closely...you'll hear a loud "click" at the game Saturday

Well, I hate to disagree with you but reality is always somewhere in the middle (between agony and ecstacy) and this is true even in Husker football. We won't 'click' and suddenly become a winning team the rest of the year. Nor will will likely implode into some kind of football black hole and disappear off the face of the Earth. The most likely scenario is "more of the same" as we continue to struggle in each and every game to find ways to win or lose each one and the momentum and tide will ebb and flow in each game.

The best advice is to get into to see your physician about your heart medication as there will many cardiac moments yet to come this year. We are facing some very very low lows and a few surprising highs as well. But, in the end, mediocrity is the theme. Nebraska football may one day rise from the ashes ho-hum average status to become Top Ten / Elite again. But it won't be this year or next or the year after. We are a long way from there. We need 15 five star and 25 four star players added via recruiting to the 85 man roster list before any coach will restore the order and put us back where we belong.

I like the optimism, but we can barely field a starting 11 on D at this point. And the playmakers on O are being sandbagged by some head-scratching personnel and play-calling decisions.

Hope that all changes but I fear things will get worse before they get better.

• Fire 1

I hate to be a wet blanket, but if we lose on Saturday the sound we will be hearing is the annoying sound of air escaping from a balloon. If we lose this game, I predict a 4-8 season.

Actually, we may hear a click--the click of a ball point pen as someone starts drafting a plan to get out of this mess once Harvey is gone.

• Fire 2

I like the optimism, but we can barely field a starting 11 on D at this point. And the playmakers on O are being sandbagged by some head-scratching personnel and play-calling decisions.

Yeah, this really is a problem. A huge problem. We are dire thin at LB, DE and CB. An now we've lost Kevin Maurice at our strongest position group. But at least we'll see Valentine again.

We seem to be snake bit with the injuries on defense this past month. :hmmph

• Fire 1

Yeah, this really is a problem. A huge problem. We are dire thin at LB, DE and CB. An now we've lost Kevin Maurice at our strongest position group. But at least we'll see Valentine again.

We seem to be snake bit with the injuries on defense this past month. :hmmph

Yup. It's crazy what's been happening to the front seven. Not sure I've seen anything like it before.

Late 1st quarter, or early 2nd quarter you will hear a "click" that will resound from Lincoln all the way to NYC. It will be the sound of a team and coaching staff "getting it". It would have been great if that click happened three or four games ago, but it didn't. By the end of the season, and after signing day, Nebraska will be the concensus pick to win the West next year and will start the 2016 Fall season in the top 20.

While we don't yet have elite talent, we do have as good of talent as any team in the West division. Riley and staff have made some apparently bad decisions. I refuse to believe they are just inept. I've risen from a box cutter to lead a sizable IT department, and with each promotion I've made some appalling blunders...bad choices for good reasons...it happens. I know that...but no one around me did. They weren't inside my mind and couldn't grasp the 'why' behind the decisions.

We're going streaking.....are you with me!!!!

I didn't hear it. did you? what i saw was a team that squandered two scoring opportunities in the third quarter and then pissed down their leg at the end of the game for an epic fail.

Late 1st quarter, or early 2nd quarter you will hear a "click" that will resound from Lincoln all the way to NYC. It will be the sound of a team and coaching staff "getting it". It would have been great if that click happened three or four games ago, but it didn't. By the end of the season, and after signing day, Nebraska will be the concensus pick to win the West next year and will start the 2016 Fall season in the top 20.

While we don't yet have elite talent, we do have as good of talent as any team in the West division. Riley and staff have made some apparently bad decisions. I refuse to believe they are just inept. I've risen from a box cutter to lead a sizable IT department, and with each promotion I've made some appalling blunders...bad choices for good reasons...it happens. I know that...but no one around me did. They weren't inside my mind and couldn't grasp the 'why' behind the decisions.

We're going streaking.....are you with me!!!!

Howd that work out.

I want my Bo Back.