So you want to get rid of Riley

My fear is the Perleman and SE don't want NU to be a football power. They don't want football to dominate our identity. They will never hire a legend type coach because of this. They want us nice guy who wins some and loses some.

Seriously?
Perleman edged out TO as AD because he had too much influence, power and infallibility. Harvey doesn't want another football coach with that kind of power.
Omfg......

You must have a really cool tin foil hat.

If you ever paid attention, you'd find out that he is 100% spot on. Harv has been in a pissing match with Dr. Tom for years. Harv values academics and sees football as a nice little Saturday side show that should take a back seat to academics.

The Chancellor is spot on in regards to the correct relationship between sports and academics in our universities.

+1

Guess it doesn't matter whether I want to get rid of Riley. For better or worse, Riley is in Lincoln and won't be going anywhere for a good while. The question is whether we'll be basement-dwellers in the Big Flippin Ten while he's here. omg, I'm gonna throw up.

Question -

For all the angst and people wanting a new coach, there sure are a lot of people absolutely offended at that attitude; what gives? Why is it so upsetting that some of your fellow fans want a different guy on our sideline?

You honestly can not understand why it is annoying as hell to constantly read posts whining like little children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas when you and other fans would actually rather have conversations about other things than how horrible YOU think our coach is when you haven't even given him a chance to succeed?

I get back to my question I've asked many times, why is it fun for you to be so negative and bitch all the time?

It's funny - you accuse me of bitching while you yourself are bitching. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I don't even complain that much; heck, I'm not even in the mob with pitchforks calling for Riley's head. Never have been; I hope the guy leads UNL to glory as much as his ardent supporters on here, so get off my back.

You ask a question and someone answers it and you are upset about that?

Interesting.

My fear is the Perleman and SE don't want NU to be a football power. They don't want football to dominate our identity. They will never hire a legend type coach because of this. They want us nice guy who wins some and loses some.

Seriously?
Perleman edged out TO as AD because he had too much influence, power and infallibility. Harvey doesn't want another football coach with that kind of power.
Omfg......

If you ever paid attention, you'd find out that he is 100% spot on. Harv has been in a pissing match with Dr. Tom for years. Harv values academics and sees football as a nice little Saturday side show that should take a back seat to academics.

The Chancellor is spot on in regards to the correct relationship between sports and academics in our universities.

Bingo.

Seriously?
Omfg......

Bingo.

Fortunately. Or unfortunately. He's soon out.

Seriously?
Omfg......

Bingo.

That's fine. I hope his replacement has the same priority towards academics.

Seriously?
Omfg......

Bingo.

I think it's been shown over a long period of time it's not an "either/or"

Seriously?
Omfg......

Bingo.

Isn't the athletic department self funded?

Seriously?
Omfg......

Bingo.

I think it's been shown over a long period of time it's not an "either/or"

Bingo.

Harv wanted to put his stamp on the university, but he had to share the spotlight with Dr. Tom. He didn't like that.

NU can be a great academic institution and have a great football program, both, at the same time.

• Fire 2

I hope Perlman's replacement can get Nebraska's AAU status back that was lost under Harvey's watch.

Does anyone know the real story here? I read that part of the reason was because there is no medical school an UNL, but that doesn't seem right. We didn't close a medical school, we never had one in Lincoln.

We could have a guy who coaches at an FCS school with a few Power 5 conference scholarship players but still gets blown out. Then acts like an idiot in the post game presser.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqLsBhiK36Y

jesus. Is that the wiscy 2011 presser? 2012? Ohio st 2012? Missouri 2008? Minnesota 2013? Ucla 2013?

Its damn broken record. Same stuff we heard for years.

I hope Perlman's replacement can get Nebraska's AAU status back that was lost under Harvey's watch.

Does anyone know the real story here? I read that part of the reason was because there is no medical school an UNL, but that doesn't seem right. We didn't close a medical school, we never had one in Lincoln.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/education/03aau.html?_r=0

Here is an article that explains some of the reasons for our dismissal from the AAU. It sounded like it was something they had been fighting for awhile but was bound to happen. Don't know if it can be put on Perlman's shoulders though. I think it was something even out of his hands.