So you want to get rid of Riley

My fear is the Perleman and SE don't want NU to be a football power. They don't want football to dominate our identity. They will never hire a legend type coach because of this. They want us nice guy who wins some and loses some.

I absolutely want Nebraska to return to powerhouse status. I'd like to see the Huskers winning every game.

However, "a nice guy who knows how to represent, win or lose" is exactly what is most important.

Class is what makes Nebraska special, and what sets Huskers football apart. It's not that it's the only show in town. That's not why so many people who even tangentially cross paths with the state are lifelong devotees. It's because Huskers football has represented so much of the best in sports, and winning along the way. The fans, equally, represent the same (or so we'd like to think!) and the result is something we should all be proud to share in.

As one of the top notch fanbases in sports, we should know that winning is not always going to be our lot. We should know also not to sell out when the sporting results don't come our way.

Give each "nice guy" his fair shake. One day, we'll hit upon someone who sports pretty darn good, too.

• Fire 3

Guess it doesn't matter whether I want to get rid of Riley. For better or worse, Riley is in Lincoln and won't be going anywhere for a good while. The question is whether we'll be basement-dwellers in the Big Flippin Ten while he's here. omg, I'm gonna throw up.

Question -

For all the angst and people wanting a new coach, there sure are a lot of people absolutely offended at that attitude; what gives? Why is it so upsetting that some of your fellow fans want a different guy on our sideline?

You honestly can not understand why it is annoying as hell to constantly read posts whining like little children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas when you and other fans would actually rather have conversations about other things than how horrible YOU think our coach is when you haven't even given him a chance to succeed?

I get back to my question I've asked many times, why is it fun for you to be so negative and bitch all the time?

It's funny - you accuse me of bitching while you yourself are bitching. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I don't even complain that much; heck, I'm not even in the mob with pitchforks calling for Riley's head. Never have been; I hope the guy leads UNL to glory as much as his ardent supporters on here, so get off my back.

Guess it doesn't matter whether I want to get rid of Riley. For better or worse, Riley is in Lincoln and won't be going anywhere for a good while. The question is whether we'll be basement-dwellers in the Big Flippin Ten while he's here. omg, I'm gonna throw up.

Question -

For all the angst and people wanting a new coach, there sure are a lot of people absolutely offended at that attitude; what gives? Why is it so upsetting that some of your fellow fans want a different guy on our sideline?

You honestly can not understand why it is annoying as hell to constantly read posts whining like little children that didn't get what they wanted for Christmas when you and other fans would actually rather have conversations about other things than how horrible YOU think our coach is when you haven't even given him a chance to succeed?

I get back to my question I've asked many times, why is it fun for you to be so negative and bitch all the time?

Ask the Boleavers, not those of us who want to see Nebraska be successful.

My fear is the Perleman and SE don't want NU to be a football power. They don't want football to dominate our identity. They will never hire a legend type coach because of this. They want us nice guy who wins some and loses some.

Seriously?
Perleman edged out TO as AD because he had too much influence, power and infallibility. Harvey doesn't want another football coach with that kind of power.
Omfg......

You must have a really cool tin foil hat.

If you ever paid attention, you'd find out that he is 100% spot on. Harv has been in a pissing match with Dr. Tom for years. Harv values academics and sees football as a nice little Saturday side show that should take a back seat to academics.

Seriously?
Perleman edged out TO as AD because he had too much influence, power and infallibility. Harvey doesn't want another football coach with that kind of power.
Omfg......

If you ever paid attention, you'd find out that he is 100% spot on. Harv has been in a pissing match with Dr. Tom for years. Harv values academics and sees football as a nice little Saturday side show that should take a back seat to academics

what???

Then acts like an idiot in the post game presser.

Pelini did apologize for not having his team ready to play. I don't think Nebraska fans have heard one of those yet this year from their head coach.

No matter. If Riley gets Nebraska to .500, all should be forgiven and forgotten.

Pelini did apologize for not having his team ready to play. I don't think Nebraska fans have heard one of those yet this year from their head coach

They've lost three games in the final seconds of the game and one loss in overtime.

What is there to apologize for?

He's not in his 5th, 6th, or 7th season here having blowout losses.

You know what else he's not saying. "I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run."

Seems to me Riley stays pretty level headed and doesn't need to get too down with a loss, or gloat when he gets the win.

The people claiming Perlman wants nothing to do with and is destroying football must not know much about him. If he doesn't care that much about it, why was he Chairman of the BCS Committee? Why was he part of the team that helped chose the playoff committee. Sure Perlman has had his moments like the Pelini fiasco after the A&M game but to say he doesn't care about football is completely wrong and stupid.

• Fire 3

Seriously?
Omfg......

If you ever paid attention, you'd find out that he is 100% spot on. Harv has been in a pissing match with Dr. Tom for years. Harv values academics and sees football as a nice little Saturday side show that should take a back seat to academics.

The Chancellor is spot on in regards to the correct relationship between sports and academics in our universities.

Pelini did apologize for not having his team ready to play. I don't think Nebraska fans have heard one of those yet this year from their head coach

They've lost three games in the final seconds of the game and one loss in overtime.

What is there to apologize for?

He's not in his 5th, 6th, or 7th season here having blowout losses.

You know what else he's not saying. "I haven't forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run."

Seems to me Riley stays pretty level headed and doesn't need to get too down with a loss, or gloat when he gets the win.

#peliniobsession

The people claiming Perlman wants nothing to do with and is destroying football must not know much about him. If he doesn't care that much about it, why was he Chairman of the BCS Committee? Why was he part of the team that helped chose the playoff committee. Sure Perlman has had his moments like the Pelini fiasco after the A&M game but to say he doesn't care about football is completely wrong and stupid.

good luck trying to change the minds of the conspiracy theorists