***Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Question: Do you think the coaching staff is calling running plays because of all the talk in Nebraska or other reasons?

I would hope they are calling more running plays because it works, they've seen it work, they've had Armstrong throwing all over the place the last two weeks, so run because it gives us a better chance to win. I would like to think it is because they actually made some adjustments, I hope we are not giving them too much credit.

One thing I can say about Riley is that he listens, not necessarly to us fans either.

13 pass attempts, 20 rush attempts. That's the good.

Defense took Kalu out of the game. Mitch Leidner is 16/17 which is funny, but not surprising.

Huskers are up 24-14, and it's been a mostly productive half. Can't complain too much about it.

Though 6-10 points did get left off the board and our defense got beat up on the ground as well as through the air.

They got beat by 2 WR reverses. You take Maye's 2 att for 21 yards off the board and Minnesota has 30 yards on 12 attempts.

And getting beat through the air...well that's not too surprising and I mentioned that. I'll say we left 7 points off the board in the first half (missed FG and long drive ending in a FG rather than a TD). Still it's hard to complain about drives ending in points.

I don't like that we have a porous secondary because it means we've never put a game away. We'll see what happens in the 2nd half.

Right, but they're running plays, and Kill has employed them in the past, so these should have been on film for the kids and coaches to prepare for...so I'd consider them fair game for criticism. If they were something Kill didn't readily employ, then I'd be willing to overlook them.

And our secondary is going to get torched this next half. Here's hoping they can actually keep them between the 20s and out of the end zone...

Almost to his average by half...

Leidner on route to throw for 300 yards.

I seriously worry we're going to end up employing a TCU/Baylor mentality on offense where EVERYTHING is hurry up because they're used to playing basketball on grass, so to speak, and having to outscore to win because of our defense.