Areas of Improvement

Landlord

People still find themselves grumpy and upset, even after a quality, all-around full 60 minute effort.

- Tommy played well. He played SMART football, and the numbers showed it.

- The offensive line did a very solid job opening up holes, and giving Tommy time in the pocket.

- Terrell Newby had his best game as a Husker, running hard and assertive.

- Didn't have a single penalty until midway through the 3rd quarter, and that might have been our only penalty of the game?

- Pass defense still struggled quite a bit percentage wise, but gave up less big plays and also

- Forced 3 turnovers. We went almost 4 game without any turnovers. Banker said they come in bunches with this defense, and today, we'll take it.

- De'Mornay is back, and good as advertised. Thankful that kid is healthy and getting to enjoy being on a football field again.

- Langsdorf called a really good game offensively, sustaining drives, finding good balance, and spreading the ball around. We had drives of 16 plays for 6:32, 8 plays for 4:07, and 10 plays for 5:47, won time of possession and were over 50% on third downs.

- We kept it up. Our team didn't start playing or get complacent. The fans might have started to worry for a little bit early in the 4th, but the players didn't, and they put the game away confidently.

• Fire 1

People still find themselves grumpy and upset, even after a quality, all-around full 60 minute effort.

- The offensive line did a very solid job opening up holes, and giving Tommy time in the pocket.

- Didn't have a single penalty until midway through the 3rd quarter, and that might have been our only penalty of the game?

- Pass defense still struggled quite a bit percentage wise, but gave up less big plays and also

- Forced 3 turnovers. We went almost 4 game without any turnovers. Banker said they come in bunches with this defense, and today, we'll take it.

- De'Mornay is back, and good as advertised. Thankful that kid is healthy and getting to enjoy being on a football field again.

- Langsdorf called a really good game offensively, sustaining drives, finding good balance, and spreading the ball around. We had drives of 16 plays for 6:32, 8 plays for 4:07, and 10 plays for 5:47, won time of possession and were over 50% on third downs.

- We kept it up. Our team didn't start playing or get complacent. The fans might have started to worry for a little bit early in the 4th, but the players didn't, and they put the game away confidently.

I think the scheme the offense was running was a lot more simple this week than last, and it helped Tommy out this week, methinks. We ran the ball 39 times and threw it 26 times. That's about 60/40 run pass ratio, and that's what we're looking for, especially with more effective passing.

We ran the ball 39 times and threw it 26 times. That's about 60/40 run pass ratio, and that's what we're looking for, especially with more effective passing.

As far as the fans are concerned, and as far as the last 20 years of Nebraska history, the 60/40 split is our magic spot. However, Riley and Langsdorf would like their perfect world to be 40/60, which is frustrating, but maybe they can be convinced through time and success.

I think the scheme the offense was running was a lot more simple this week than last, and it helped Tommy out this week, methinks. We ran the ball 39 times and threw it 26 times. That's about 60/40 run pass ratio, and that's what we're looking for, especially with more effective passing.

I really liked the way we ran the ball today. There was a lot of misdirection, confusion, different guys getting their hands on the ball, etc. That's what I believe we need given that we still don't really have "that guy" in the backfield. Give credit where it's due to Newby - diefinitely his best game as a Husker. But, until he can show what he showed today on a week-to-week basis, we need to find schematic advantages.

The improved passing game also played a big role. Any offense will struggle if you're completing less than 40 percent of your passes because they become mostly useless plays. They found ways for TA to get into a rhythm and that was huge. I feel like today really showed the potential of this team, and as we've known the last two seasons, Minnesota is no slouch.

• Fire 1

Didn't see much to complain about. I think the near comeback at Miami gave The Staff a false sense of what Tommy's limitations are. They did a much better job putting him in positions to succeed this week. And more importantly there was an honest attempt at getting the running game going. Good stuff all around.

Time will tell if it was actually a step in the right direction or just a fluke.

• Fire 1

Didn't see much to complain about. I think the near comeback at Miami gave The Staff a false sense of what Tommy's limitations are. They did a much better job putting him in positions to succeed this week. And more importantly there was an honest attempt at getting the running game going. Good stuff all around.

Time will tell if it was actually a step in the right direction or just a fluke.

Dude! Did you watch the Illinoying game? Whatever you think they learned in the Miami game I think you might be mistaken.

Penalties were drastically cut down.

Play calling was much better, but I still scratched my head a few times.

Secondary baffles me. Since USA Stewart and Banker said adjustments could be made. Haven't seen much yet. Would love to see more press and less from 8-10 yard releases.

Running game better. Would like more "consistent commitment" to the running game. TA could really excel if we made teams fear the running game.

Better tackling.

Good run defense.

Like DPE being back.