Current Huskers Headed to the NFL

Which current Huskers will be drafted, and which Huskers wil make an NFL roster? Below are my locks to be drafted in injuries do not come into play:

Collins

VV

Gerry

Jano

Huskers destined to play in the NFL who may not get drafted

DPE - may not get drafted because he is 5'9"

Foltz - punters rarely get drafted, but he has Ray Guy skills

TA - TA has size, speed & toughness, he won't be an NFL QB, but like Frost, if he is willing to change positions, he can make an NFL roster

• Fire 2

Which current Huskers will be drafted, and which Huskers wil make an NFL roster? Below are my locks to be drafted in injuries do not come into play:

Collins

VV

Gerry

Jano

TA - TA has size, speed & toughness, he won't be an NFL QB, but like Frost, if he is willing to change positions, he can make an NFL roster

If he can be as dynamic as he was before the injury somebody will draft him in the first 4 rounds

Collins

VV

Gerry

Jano

If he can be as dynamic as he was before the injury somebody will draft him in the first 4 rounds

I hope so. I remember TO saying he didn't offer Barry Sanders because he was only 5'8". It seems like the NFL is fascinated with size.

Lewis has a pretty good shot at getting drafted. And Alonzo Moore could get some attention if he keeps putting up numbers like he has been. Or maybe Westerkamp. Although I think he's a bit smaller than listed on the roster.

I don't see Tommy A getting drafted unless his QB numbers continue to improve. He has about an 80% probability of being All Big Ten QB next year - especially if we make a run and win all but one this year and make a strong showing in conference race next year. I really think he will have the best numbers, etc. He is NOT fast enough to play any other position in the NFL. He would be a great LB with another 20 lbs IF he can tackle. He blocks well so likely but no NFL team will spend the time or money to train and develop a linebacker when the colleges do all that for them. IMO. I am not sure he has time to become good enough to get taken as a QB but I would not have believed he could play as well as he has this year. Another 14 months and 18 games with Riley and Company coaching him, you never say never. He is looking more like a true Quarterback than a RB playing QB all the time.

I think Westerkamp will definitely get a shot; he has some of the best hands in CFB. Depending on how he performs at the combine, he should be a late-rounder or will take the UFA route

Cue all the comparisons to small, white slot receivers in the NFL.

Yeah, you're probably right -- I still think he'll get a shot to make a roster, though.

The issue with Westerkamp is can he get open. It will probably depend a lot on how his testing numbers come out. He can obviously catch everything but he'll have to be able to create a little separation to get any passes thrown his way. Easier out of the slot so that helps him. Plus he can be a sure-handed punt returner with enough skill to get some yards.

I think he'll get a shot but it won't surprise me if he has to go the free agent route if his numbers are slow.

I think Westerkamp will definitely get a shot; he has some of the best hands in CFB. Depending on how he performs at the combine, he should be a late-rounder or will take the UFA route

Cue all the comparisons to small, white slot receivers in the NFL.
Yeah, you're probably right -- I still think he'll get a shot to make a roster, though.
With guys like Welker, Amendola, and Edelman making a name for themselves (less Amendola), if they can get in the right system, he'll have a shot.