Plans for the Northwestern Game?

In the thread about "Falling Standards" I thought it was interesting that there a few comments about not really worriying about watching the game as much.

I noticed that this last weekend. I asked a bunch of friends what they were doing for the game and got these responses.

1. I am not sure

2. Camping

3. No response

4. No response

5. Going to KC to watch racing

6. Nothing

7. Going to the bars in Benson to watch

8. Going to Barretts Bar to watch

This weekend, so far, only one person wants to go out and watch the game.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know I am human-sandpaper but I have noticed that people seem a bit less excited about doing stuff for the games.

So, have you noticed that and what are your plans for this Northwestern game. A game time that for a lot of people can be a bit of a turnoff.

thats theyre problem. Not a Nebraska problem. Theyre not very dedicated fans.

In the thread about "Falling Standards" I thought it was interesting that there a few comments about not really worriying about watching the game as much.

I noticed that this last weekend. I asked a bunch of friends what they were doing for the game and got these responses.

1. I am not sure

2. Camping

3. No response

4. No response

6. Nothing

Now, don't get me wrong, I know I am human-sandpaper but I have noticed that people seem a bit less excited about doing stuff for the games.

So, have you noticed that and what are your plans for this Northwestern game. A game time that for a lot of people can be a bit of a turnoff.

I'll be in section 34, row 71, seats 8-11. unibrow.gif

I'm not 100% sure yet, but we might have an extra ticket. My oldest daughter bought the tickets for me for Father's Day and now she might not be able to go.

This goes for all sports though. Cubs fans, royals fans. Any NFL fan. It's really all the same. Huskers win, people start wearing all husker stuff. Cubs start winning and make the playoffs, cubs fans everywhere, they probably watched 5 games out of the 162. Winning is all the matters for some. If the huskers were 7-0, we would so many different storylines to talk about. We wouldn't be talking about walk ons, or play calling. Instead we would be playing in later games just like ohio state gets to against Rutgers this coming Saturday.

Problem with some husker fans, when they win, nobody says anything. But when they lose all hell breaks lose. I see people on facebook posting all the time when their team wins, but vanish when their teams lose. So it works both ways. Like a certain USC fan i know. they win one game and its OH IS EVERYONE WATCHING MY USC DOMINATE.. Next week they lose and he's no where to be found.

Well of course. When we win, why be happy? That is what you should expect your team to do. You shouldn't be happy and celebrate when your team does what you want them to do. You should sit there and pick them apart tell everyone around you what they still did wrong and why they still aren't any good. After all, that's what fans do when their expectations are in the right place. Now, if they lose, OF COURSE all hell should break loose because that is your opportunity to shout from the roof tops that you were right all along, our program sucks and any fan who was remotely enjoying the season is not anywhere close the fan you are because everyone else has lowered their expectations.

You owe me money after this post. You broke my sarcasm meter. rofl.gif

1. I am not sure

2. Camping

3. No response

4. No response

6. Nothing

Trust me, I agree

This goes for all sports though. Cubs fans, royals fans. Any NFL fan. It's really all the same. Huskers win, people start wearing all husker stuff. Cubs start winning and make the playoffs, cubs fans everywhere, they probably watched 5 games out of the 162. Winning is all the matters for some. If the huskers were 7-0, we would so many different storylines to talk about. We wouldn't be talking about walk ons, or play calling. Instead we would be playing in later games just like ohio state gets to against Rutgers this coming Saturday.

Problem with some husker fans, when they win, nobody says anything. But when they lose all hell breaks lose. I see people on facebook posting all the time when their team wins, but vanish when their teams lose. So it works both ways. Like a certain USC fan i know. they win one game and its OH IS EVERYONE WATCHING MY USC DOMINATE.. Next week they lose and he's no where to be found.

Well of course. When we win, why be happy? That is what you should expect your team to do. You shouldn't be happy and celebrate when your team does what you want them to do. You should sit there and pick them apart tell everyone around you what they still did wrong and why they still aren't any good. After all, that's what fans do when their expectations are in the right place. Now, if they lose, OF COURSE all hell should break loose because that is your opportunity to shout from the roof tops that you were right all along, our program sucks and any fan who was remotely enjoying the season is not anywhere close the fan you are because everyone else has lowered their expectations.

Sorry.

I'll be at the game. Always...

There's only 12 of these guaranteed for the whole year! I miss Nebraska football when it's gone, and cannot wait until it arrives again. I think I'll always be like that regardless of how good/bad we are.

• Fire 1

1. I am not sure

2. Camping

3. No response

4. No response

6. Nothing

Trust me, I agree
my sis in laws wedding saturday. Starts at 1. I thought she knew better. Im an usher. I will have my watchespn/btntogo. Rolling. I dont care. If you do t want it to be an issue, dont schedule a wedding on gameday in nebraska. Leaves arent that pretty anyway. I hope it rains and the winds blowin.