***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

There is no way a QB that can consistently throw >50% of his passes as a freshman doesn't win our QB job next year.

Having a freshman in, I think they run more too.

They need to treat Armstrong like a freshman RB playING QB in an emergency. That's about how he's throwing. Nothing past 10 yards and no long cross field throws.

He'll flash throwing, making you think he knows then he'll regress.

They are up now because of 3 big plays and inconsistent QB play. The QB play from a JR is terrible.

Darlington please.

Kid made great decisions all spring game. That's what we need

Against the current Husker defense.....

Haha true. That's better than tommy could say tho. Darlingtons passes were precision and timing stuff that is hard to defend regardless. He gives us a better chance

My first half observations:

- Thorson is deceptively quick and our defense is playing him timidly. On both of his long runs, particularly the second one, our defenders slowed up as if they were expecting him to slide or go down. Instead he barreled ahead for a huge gain.

- Penalties. I will say the refs have called a decent game, but they blew two HUGE holding calls on that last Wildcats drive. One on the play before Thorson's run, and then on Thorson's run itself. That said, I'm frustrated with one of our defensive linemen who decided to throw his arms up as he was getting held instead of trying to fight to Thorson. Even if you think you're being held you have to keep playing as best as you can - don't give up mid play and throw your arms up.

- Proud of the defensive effort so far sans those two big runs. They've been playing pretty darn well, though we did get lucky on that dropped TD pass near the end of the half.

- We need a better running presence in second half. This isn't a great day for TA. Where is a guy like Ozigbo, especially since TA hasn't been brilliant on 3rd down this whole game.

Where the heck is Andy Janovich. Both Michigan and Iowa made heavy use of their FBs and absolutely destroyed NW 38-0 and 40-10. Janovich has been a basically guaranteed 2 yards (and sometimes more) yet he's had what, one carry?

That's inexcusable mismanagement. You have to take advantage of the good field position we've been getting (because our defense is playing pretty well aside from 2 plays) and we have basically punted anytime we start with the ball at our 40 or better.

Stay calm. NW is still NW we are still Nebraska NW will find a way for us to win.

We haven't been Nebraska for the last decade and a half. We've just been some team with a block N and wearing red.

Just my opinion.

Yep. Big Red has been taking a dirt nap since 62-36 the day Husker Nation stood still.