***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

My first half observations:

- Thorson is deceptively quick and our defense is playing him timidly. On both of his long runs, particularly the second one, our defenders slowed up as if they were expecting him to slide or go down. Instead he barreled ahead for a huge gain.

- Penalties. I will say the refs have called a decent game, but they blew two HUGE holding calls on that last Wildcats drive. One on the play before Thorson's run, and then on Thorson's run itself. That said, I'm frustrated with one of our defensive linemen who decided to throw his arms up as he was getting held instead of trying to fight to Thorson. Even if you think you're being held you have to keep playing as best as you can - don't give up mid play and throw your arms up.

- Proud of the defensive effort so far sans those two big runs. They've been playing pretty darn well, though we did get lucky on that dropped TD pass near the end of the half.

- We need a better running presence in second half. This isn't a great day for TA. Where is a guy like Ozigbo, especially since TA hasn't been brilliant on 3rd down this whole game.

Where is Ozigbo? Where is Wilbon? Why was Stevenson's shirt burned?

Why is our ST horrible? Why do we have the worst pass defense in the country? Why do we get penalized so much? Why does our QB have poor mechanics? Nothing but endless questions with zero answers. That's what you get with failed leadership.

lo country said it a few weeks ago. You have to be great at the little details if you want to be great. This team is not disciplined

There are things the staff could do to make us successfull enough to win. Not great with this team. But better to get to a bowl. They aren't and the players are making bad plays too.

Blame them all. We've played good enough to be up by 2 or 3 scores. Northwestern has 3 plays and are up by 5.

If anyone wants to know how far away Nebraska truly is from where we want them to be (Consistent Top 10-15 Team)...Clemson is up on Miami 42-0......At the half!

...now think how Miami made Nebraska look.

Wow that makes me want to drink poisoned coool aideessze