Tommy's status

Swiv3D

Don't be so nitpicky, the whole point is people think we have a better option than Tommy. We don't, not yet.

My nitpicking point was to quell the hyperbole that anyone who doesn't support something or someone 102% is a hater.

But back to Armstrong and Fyfe: Purdue is as good a game as any for Fyfe to get some playing time and experience. I think Fyfe might prove to be a bit more...cerebral, shall we say?...when it comes to making decisions and choices. Sometimes, it's not who is the better athlete, it is who can run the offense better, or even who meshes with the offensive philosophy better. I think Armstrong has some running talent that isn't utilized to its fullest in a Mike Riley offense, although it still shows up once in a while.

Anyhow, this is a moot point if Armstrong plays. If he doesn't play, all of this is still probably pointless because we will see what we see come Saturday.

• Fire 2

My "well this ought to be interesting" side is wanting to see NU play Purdue with a Fyfe, Newby backfield.

My "wow this really ought to be interesting" side wants to watch a Darlington, Wilbon backfield (true story). I'm guessing this may be like watching NU impersonate Indiana lol.

Or imitating Ohio State? Fyfe gets hurt early and ???? comes in as third string backup and light the place on fire.!!??

weve-got-bush-65411bf2-sz500x281-animate

• Fire 1

Bush, Wilbon, Moore, Jano, Westy, DPE

Run, screen, run, run, screen, run, p/a, run, run, screen, run,

3 step drop DPE, run, roll out to Westy, run, run, post to Moore

repeat

repeat

Put in Foster if either guard can't make f'ing run blocks.

Coaching is not f'ing rocket science. We are playing Purdue. Punch em in the mouth, win, get on the bus.

• Fire 2