Seriously, what happens if Ryker lights it up?

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week?

Then it's another case-in-point of this staff mismanaging the talent they have on hand.

It would be the same quarterbacks in the same situation that the previous staff managed, fwiw.

So? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Especially since it's a new offense, and the old staff isn't around anymore.

Just pointing out that two different coaching staffs with different offensive philolsophies came to the same conclusion about Tommy Armstrong and Ryker Fyfe.

And I'm not a fan of either staff, so it appears we're continuing to hire people for our program that don't have ability to evaluate talent effectively?

• Fire 1

Everybody chill, we got this.

I know for an absolute fact that the all time leader in career receptions for Prague High School has sketched out a play on a napkin while at Glur's Tavern in Columbus last night. This play will be given to Fyfe's girlfriend's mom and hopefully it will be passed along quickly enough to the Cornhuskers in time for them to practice it a half dozen times before the 11:00 A.M. kickoff...and yes, some of this is actually true... :wasted:waste:horns

Annexation of Puerto Rico confirmed.

I hope Tommy plays this weekend and I hope he is healthy both for his sake and for the team. Never wish ill will or injury on anyone.

With that having been said what do you think Happens if Ryker comes in and lights it up next week?

Then it's another case-in-point of this staff mismanaging the talent they have on hand.

It would be the same quarterbacks in the same situation that the previous staff managed, fwiw.

So? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Especially since it's a new offense, and the old staff isn't around anymore.

Just pointing out that two different coaching staffs with different offensive philolsophies came to the same conclusion about Tommy Armstrong and Ryker Fyfe.

And I'm not a fan of either staff, so it appears we're continuing to hire people for our program that don't have ability to evaluate talent effectively?

Jesus guys. Maybe Ryker Fyfe will light it up. Who knows? Even us armchair coaches were excited about every quarterback other than Fyfe in the offseason. So it was certainly respectful of the coaching staff to put him back in the #2 position after all the Bush and Darlington hype. I'm guessing he's pretty solid and clearly a hard worker.

But you seem convinced that Fyfe has ALREADY been evaluated wrong by both coaching staffs, and should have been starting over Armstrong. Where are you getting that evidence?

Everybody chill, we got this.

I know for an absolute fact that the all time leader in career receptions for Prague High School has sketched out a play on a napkin while at Glur's Tavern in Columbus last night. This play will be given to Fyfe's girlfriend's mom and hopefully it will be passed along quickly enough to the Cornhuskers in time for them to practice it a half dozen times before the 11:00 A.M. kickoff...and yes, some of this is actually true... :wasted:waste:horns

I haven't had a Glurs burger in 4 years....

What's his int to attempt ratio?

Everything you pretty much wrote about the kid is bullsh#t.

2013 8 picks in 131 attempts

2014 12 picks in 345 attempts

2015 7 picks in 284 attempts

Do you think 7 in 284 is bad, average or good compared to other college QBs?

It's probably not that bad. And if int/att ratio was my point, youd have me here. But it's not. It's situational football. He tries to do too much. Scrambling backwards 20 yards and heaving an incompletion 50 yards downfield when a step up and run for 5-7 yards gets us in 2nd and short instead of 2nd and 10. This things happen a lot and they pile up over the course of the game. yes. it's the pick six that's glaring. But it's a bunch of other little things he's still missing that I notice. I only wish I could do vines or gifs from dvr. A lot I could show.

Better than Peyton f'ing Manning. 10 INT in 237 attempts.

Jesus guys. Maybe Ryker Fyfe will light it up. Who knows? Even us armchair coaches were excited about every quarterback other than Fyfe in the offseason. So it was certainly respectful of the coaching staff to put him back in the #2 position after all the Bush and Darlington hype. I'm guessing he's pretty solid and clearly a hard worker.

But you seem convinced that Fyfe has ALREADY been evaluated wrong by both coaching staffs, and should have been starting over Armstrong. Where are you getting that evidence?

1358070609689.gif

I don't get the "it's just Purdue" comments. Yeah, they suck. So do we. They are no worse than Illinois. This game is far from an automatic win, with or without Armstrong.

Illinois would definitely be favored over Purdue. The Illini are mediocre, Purdue is the worst team in the con, even below a Maryland team that has already fired their coach. I wouldn't say we should be counting any team as an automatic win but we should be able to handle Purdue even with our back-up qb.

Get him cm husker! This focker Cavanaugh thinks he know more about coaching the offensive line than you do! That derty sumbeach!

Cavanaugh's ideas seem at odds with that other coach we used to have who moved linemen in and out to wear down teams like Miami in the Orange Bowl. One could speculate about whether that coach or Cavanaugh knows more about college football...or we could just go check out who put what in the trophy case and that might give us some insight.