Take THAT...Bo!

I guess some are more hopeful about the potential downfall of Pelini than what is currently becoming of our football program.

There's much bigger issues in Huskerland than Bo Pelini.

No kidding. Pelini is gone and we replaced him with a nicer person, but a much worse football coach.

You may end up being correct when it is said and done, but I'm not sure if I agree yet. Bo probably would have gotten embarrassed by Wisconsin again this year since they obviously know the keys to murdering his defensive scheme. This year, we're a field goal a game from being 6-2 or 7-1

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

Tom Osborne hired Pederson.

Untrue.

Tom Osborne might not have hired Pederson but he DID recommend Pederson for the job. He also gave us Frank Solich and Bo Pelini both of whom were over their heads as head coaches at a Power 5 school. Tom Osborne was a fantastic head coach but he certainly hasn't been flawless since.

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

Tom Osborne hired Pederson.

Untrue.

Tom Osborne might not have hired Pederson but he DID recommend Pederson for the job. He also gave us Frank Solich and Bo Pelini both of whom were over their heads as head coaches at a Power 5 school. Tom Osborne was a fantastic head coach but he certainly hasn't been flawless since.

Yeah, Frank finished top 10 3 seasons, won a conference championship, had a Heisman winner, won 75% of his games, won coach of the year and played in the national championship game. Horrible! And Bo is one of only two coaches in history to win at least 9 games every season. HORRIBLE!!!

I thought hindsight was supposed to be 20/20???

Standards are for winning. Winning and playing for Championships. Conference titles and the occasional National title. Big 8 days are long gone. Big 12 days even seem like they were a whole generation ago already.

The fear of never seeing that kind of football ever played here again is scary. The fear of becoming an average everyday college program scares everyone.

We lost a legend when TO retired. We lost tradition when we left the Big 12. Now we have lost our sense of pride because we can't beat who were once bottom feeders of the Big 10. So its everyones fault who put us in this situation. Honestly, it is everyones fault. Solich should have never been fired the way he was fired. Callahan couldn't have ever came here, and that era may not have ever happened. Solich would have eventually been let go, or retired on his own. Good chance that maybe Turner Gill would have become the next head coach, and I guarantee he wouldn't have done anyworse than Callahan did. So yes there is a need to point fingers because so many things have gone wrong. So many bad decisions because we weren't winning titles. Its ironic the last conference title won was with Solich and the last National title played for was with Solich. Makes the last 12 years seem even worse.

I suggest that if we truly want to become a threat again on the national scene, we need to move swiftly. Who is that next coach going to be and can he turn the corner.

I think Riley is a decent coach, and a good guy, and so do most fans of the Big Red. Thats not reallu up for discussion. I guess i hate to see a good guy get crapped on by a spoiled bunch of fans, but at the same time, two more years of this kind of losing and this kind of playing, the program is in serious shape. Can we afford to wait two years? Can this ever turn around. Even with Bo we were treading water. The program was declining. Winning 9 games yet, but I really think the program was starting to show signs of this season coming up for Bo even. He was losing his players, and I think even some coaches were tired of his ranting and raving.

Finger pointing is natural, but the decision makers at the program have failed. Epic fail. Eichorst is done. WE all know that he is out the door. Take a note from Texas on this one. They got rid of there AD right after the season started. I think we fire Eichorst now, and at least find a seasoned veteran to run this program. Even if that means keeping Riley one more year, and then moving forward. Leadership of this school and program have to change before this situation will ever redeem itself.

If NU tanks this seasons, i.e., loses out, this staff should be summarily fired and Frost or gill or just about anyone else should be brought in.

So the answer to firing Pelini and making a rash choice in Riley, is to hire the guy with no HC experience who's been running someone else's pass-happy offense in Oregon, or the coach of Liberty University with the 52-67 career record?

This. I don't know what kind of bizzarro world explains the overlap between those lusting after Frost as HC one moment and all hot and bothered the next because Riley hasn't shown sufficient "commitment" to the run this year, but it exists. I don't want to sh!t all over Bo (even though that is technically the purpose of his thread); but I honestly do not understand the lack of hate for Scott Frost; that douche hid in a closet while his "girlfriend" was beat up and dragged down the stairs. By her hair.

To paraphrase Bo, what kind of "core values" are those? We can argue about which coach is too "nice" or too "passionate" or whose sh!tty season is better or worse but who seriously wants that guy within 10,000 yards of this program? IMHO, he's almost as bad as that ginger tool at Penn State.

If NU tanks this seasons, i.e., loses out, this staff should be summarily fired and Frost or gill or just about anyone else should be brought in.

So the answer to firing Pelini and making a rash choice in Riley, is to hire the guy with no HC experience who's been running someone else's pass-happy offense in Oregon, or the coach of Liberty University with the 52-67 career record?

This. I don't know what kind of bizzarro world explains the overlap between those lusting after Frost as HC one moment and all hot and bothered the next because Riley hasn't shown sufficient "commitment" to the run this year, but it exists. I don't want to sh!t all over Bo (even though that is technically the purpose of his thread); but I honestly do not understand the lack of hate for Scott Frost; that douche hid in a closet while his "girlfriend" was beat up and dragged down the stairs. By her hair.

To paraphrase Bo, what kind of "core values" are those? We can argue about which coach is too "nice" or too "passionate" or whose sh!tty season is better or worse but who seriously wants that guy within 10,000 yards of this program? IMHO, he's almost as bad as that ginger tool at Penn State.

I think it shows the laziness of the fan base in thinking that only a "Nebraska man" can save the program. Well it was a "Nebraska man" that put us in the shitter in the first place in Frank the tank. It sucked that we didn't have anyone young enough with the qualifications to continue the run that Bob and Tom had, but facts are facts. Now we have a group of people in the fanbase that need to give up that unrealistic dream of a "Nebraska guy" to come and save the program because there are not any. Frost has proven nothing and isn't the type of character that you want running your program as stated above, not to mention he hasn't done anything special at Oregon without a great QB. There is more to that story, but I am not going to put i on a message board. Gill? Really? He was a nice story at Buffalo, but has failed miserably everywhere else. The reason for those failures were that he forced silly rules on his team such as no women in their rooms after 10PM. What college kid wants to come and play for a HC that won't allow him to have fun with the ladies? Frank? The guy who put us in the crapper in the first place and the only reason he has a winning record is because he inherited the program with MNC talent and once Tom's players graduated he turned the program into a 7-7 team that needed to beat McNeese State just to become bowl eligible?

The days of the old guard died in Boulder, Colorado in 2001 when we were destroyed 62-36. If that wasn't enough then Miami made us look even worse in the 37-14 butt kicking in a MNC game we didn't deserve to be in the first place. So if being outscored 99-50 in your last two games of the season and then having a 2002 season that I described above proves that the program was broken before we fired anyone, then there is no help for anyone who can't see or doesn't want to accept those facts.

There is no "Nebraska guy" like what Mechicken has in Harbaugh to come save the day. Speaking of Harbaugh I am really interested to see how good the defense is next year because he has 8 SR's in the starting lineup. So there is a very good chance that they take a step backwords at least for a year due to inexperience.

With all of that said it doesn't mean the Riley is the right guy either. I was just as shocked as everyone else here when he was hired. Tressel was the #1 guy but NU couldn't get his suspension from the NCAA reduced so they decided to go with Riley. But Riley still deserves a chance that people are not giving him because of things that are out of his control. This roster has very little depth and has to rely on way too many walk ons in key roles, has players that are still loyal to the old coaching staff and won't buy into the new system. Hopefully those guys are gone next year either by graduation or attrition as we don't need them around if they are not going to buy in and become cancers to the program. And for that reason I would hate to see where we would be this year as it is the walk ons that are holding those guys accountable. Now if we could get more talent with the heart of those walk ons we wouldn't be having these types of conversations about coaches.

Even I thought the secondary would be better.

Then I watched them play this season and realized I was wrong.

Not complicated.

Not at all complicated when you realize the one big factor that changed this season.

Two, if you consider that three of the biggest playmakers on the team went to the NFL.

Even I thought the secondary would be better.

Then I watched them play this season and realized I was wrong.

Not complicated.

Not at all complicated when you realize the one big factor that changed this season.

Two, if you consider that three of the biggest playmakers on the team went to the NFL.

wouldn't that add up to four?

No, you multiply then divide by 7, add six and take away 5.