Overtime: Purdue Post-game Overreaction

Mavric

But, Cavanaugh won't sub and we have quite a few scholarship players on the bench getting no playing time. Price was made into a 5th string DT and he played half of the year last year and many posters would agree he was a better tackle than Sterup? Westerkamp seems to come off the field after every catch he makes, why can't we sub on the o-line?

Why do we do the same thing every week and expect different results?

We know Newby isn't going to hit a hole full speed but he gets 10 carries between the tackles.

We know Davie can't defend on an island but there he is again getting beat one on one deep.

Truthfully I don't understand why we fired Bo, without having a guy in our sights, or at least the RIGHT guy in our pocket to take the job.

Can everyone agree that the fire of Bo Pelini/hire of Mike Riley was ill planned on Eichorst's part? I guess that defines Eichorst in a nutshell.

I think most people will agree that the Mike RIley hire left us scratching our heads and in some respect tripping over our feet to find good information on him to make ourselves feel like the Riley hire would work.

Now we find ourselves back to the same point every season, who can we hire who knows how to win?

Sorry fellow Husker fans, but it seems we ourselves are a needle skipping on a record player.

• Fire 1

Well, after today's showing, I just wanted to reiterate that if you're thinking that this staff needs more time, or more recruits, or more gainful employment at Memorial Stadium...you are part of the problem. There's no excuse for this s**t show of a staff--they had enough talent to win the division, or at least make a bowl. Now we're being beat up by Purdue to the tune of 55 points.

But hey, at least Riley is a nice guy. He may take the jet through the DQ drive-thru on the way home to get ice cream for his kiddos, pinch them on the cheek, and hand them a participation trophy with a cute little bobblehead football player on it...like what they give the kiddos nowadays in rec sports.

And no, for the twits that can't help but think in black and white, this doesn't mean we want Pelini back. It means that Eichorst should have done his actual f*****g job right the first time and actually interviewed coaches and opened the pocketbook to get someone of quality to come to Lincoln.

People like you are just big of a problem (if not worse) than anyone else whether they support the current staff or not.

I'd say more but I really don;t won't to get banned, especially responding to someone like you.

When you guys hired Riley, I posted about how shocked I was... How horrible of a hire it was... How you've basically gone from a 4 loss coach to a 4 win coach... I showed data of how bad Riley was at Oregon State... and I begged you guys to stand up for your program as boosters, alumni, students, and fans... and reject this hire and the "process" (One name, one interview) Shawn Eichorst used to make it.

I did this because I love Nebraska football and the B1G. I used to live in Omaha, and I'll never forget how amazing Nebraska and their fans were.

...yet I was ridiculed, demeaned, told to "focus on my own pedo team", told how wrong I was because he's such a nice guy and the media was "raving" about the hire, and then banned by the mods.

Welp here we are today. I don't mean to rub it in about how right I was because I do love you guys, I can only wish you had listened instead of drinking the Kool-aid.

But no matter that now. Now you need to get past these people who insist you can't fire after one year because you'll "look bad". You absolutely can... Southern Miss did it, and they are better off for it. Plus you ALREADY LOOK FREAKING HORRENDOUS... keeping him will only lead to lost transfers, recruits, and an even more difficult rebuilding job for the next coach. This is setting up to be the worst season in Nebraska football history. You can't afford to keep this joke of a staff.

Honestly, I would gain so much more respect for the guy if he actually came out and confessed that he is way out of his league and simply retired and let someone else come who can actually coach these kids. I am sorry but we do have very good players but they are coached horribly. Riley and his staff are not able to get the best out of these players and it shows. We have great weapons on this team and under a capable coach they will thrive, but it does not help when you do not have the right coaches to utilize these weapons. It is obvious. It is not personal. I am not, and never were, a Bo supporter and I wanted change but this coaching staff was not the answer. NO ONE in the nation other than the arrogant Eichorst thought this was a good fit and now it shows. No more close games to blow smoke up our behinds. It is obvious that these coaches are incompetent at a very high level and will NEVER turn things around. Pull the plug because this one is already dead. We are officially the "Kansas" of the BIG 10. I can't believe that these coaches are actually cashing those big fat checks they receive from this state with a piss poor performance like this. Is anyone going to ask the tough questions or are people here going to find new bullsh#t to convince themselves that things are turning around. The only people I felt sorry for are the fans that traveled to the game to see Purdue (yes Purdue!) dominate us.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Overtime for overreactions.

Truthfully I don't understand why we fired Bo, without having a guy in our sights, or at least the RIGHT guy in our pocket to take the job.

If you're in an abusive marriage, you get a divorce. Period. Even if you don't have a supermodel lying in wait, even if it costs you the house, you get out of that relationship.

If you're in an abusive marriage, you get a divorce. Period. Even if you don't have a supermodel lying in wait, even if it costs you the house, you get out of that relationship.

Yeah, cause obviously an abusive marriage is that same thing as a Bo Pelini coached team.

• Fire 2

Yeah, cause obviously an abusive marriage is that same thing as a Bo Pelini coached team.

He resented the fanbase, the media, and the athletic department, he didn't want to be here, and it consistently led to the ugliest kinds of blowouts and losses or ugly close wins against inferior competition. What about that sounds at all healthy?

He resented the fanbase, the media, and the athletic department, he didn't want to be here, and it consistently led to the ugliest kinds of blowouts and losses or ugly close wins against inferior competition. What about that sounds at all healthy?

Bo was fired because he was a meanie head to Pearlman and Eichorst. Bo didn't like the media and the media didn't help his cause. Bo said F U to a few fairweather fans, but actually praised the majority Nebraska's fan base.

But here's the thing. Bo was fired because he couldn't get us over the hump to winning big games and championships. "Not going to let Nebraska turn into Iowa". Which is fine as long as you don't hire a coach worse than Bo. Guess what Eichorst did? He hired a coach who just lost to a 1-6 Purdue team and gave up 55 points.

• Fire 1