Rutgers

Mavric

This is a test. We know Riley has been able to play the spoiler role before. We don't know if he can start building a culture of winning. They should be able to be mad about what happened at Purdue, and build off the confidence of what they now know they can do.

As we should ALL have learned by now, if this team lets up, anybody can beat them. Gotta play like a team that expects to dominate every game.

I have absolutely ZERO trust in these coaches to go on a winning streak. Banker's knowledge in defense is as good as my wife's knowledge on defense...wait, I take that back, y wife would probably do a better job than Banker. If we win this game, it would be because our players leave everything on the field because they want to go bowling. I just hope that the coaches do not get in the way like they did in the previous losses.

I really hope that my beloved Huskers win out and go to a bowl. Winning the remaining two games including two top ten teams will salvage recruiting and bring hope back. However, if Mike Riley does not give his DC, OC, and special teams coaches the pink slip after this season and go out and get some REAL coaches, I doubt that next season would be any better. Remember that this past Saturday, the players won the game inspite of the coaches and not because of them!

Go BIG RED!

• Fire 3

I'm a bit worried about this being a hangover game. Seems like we have a problem with not getting fired up for lesser opponents.

Well, and we have yet to win back-to-back games this season, as crazy as that sounds.

I'm hoping this team realize they're not good enough to just half-ass their way through it or not devote the proper preparation. As Illinois and other teams have proven this season, the team is in no position to take someone lightly.

Get a win, get to a bye week, heal up and prep for a huge game against Iowa. A bowl game would be critical for this team, not only for confidence heading into the off season, but several extra weeks of practice to get better and improve.

I'm a bit worried about this being a hangover game. Seems like we have a problem with not getting fired up for lesser opponents.

Well, and we have yet to win back-to-back games this season, as crazy as that sounds.

I'm hoping this team realize they're not good enough to just half-ass their way through it or not devote the proper preparation. As Illinois and other teams have proven this season, the team is in no position to take someone lightly.

Get a win, get to a bye week, heal up and prep for a huge game against Iowa. A bowl game would be critical for this team, not only for confidence heading into the off season, but several extra weeks of practice to get better and improve.

winning the next 2 games is everything for this team.......if they want it bad enough

I'll be there! As will about 500-700 Husker fans from the tristate area. The entire end zone opposite the student section is Husker fans

What sections? Know of any tailgate parties planned? I have read Johnson Lot is the best spot for visitors and it is right across the street from the stadium.

My dad is a Fremont, NE transplant and my brother and I took him to see his first game in Lincoln last year vs. Rutgers. We are planning to go this Saturday and would like to tailgate/sit with the Husker crowd.

Combined 1st Q stats in the 3 games following #Huskers wins: NU outscored 24-5 3.7 yds per play (7.1 ypp allowed) 7 penalties, 1 turnover

Wasn't aware of that trend. I don't like that.

Someone over at one of the Oregon State boards had indicated this yo-yo trend was prevalent with Riley's second tenure there, too. I'll link the thread if I can find it again.

Here's hoping Riley and the team, can turn over a new leaf.