Biggest win since...?

I concur with the #9 MSU 2011 and #7 Missouri 2010...However, I did not feel like Missouri was a "real" top 10 team that year...This Michigan State team could very well win the conference and get into the College Football Playoffs. A Nebraska win, given the turmoil of the program, would be epic proportions. Probably as big as Oklahoma 2001, but in a different sense.

A Win vs MSU this weekend and suddenly there is glimpse of hope we may even win out and go bowling...

I still can't believe that. Missouri was high off a win against Oklahoma I believe.

I concur with the #9 MSU 2011 and #7 Missouri 2010...However, I did not feel like Missouri was a "real" top 10 team that year...This Michigan State team could very well win the conference and get into the College Football Playoffs. A Nebraska win, given the turmoil of the program, would be epic proportions. Probably as big as Oklahoma 2001, but in a different sense.

A Win vs MSU this weekend and suddenly there is glimpse of hope we may even win out and go bowling...

I still can't believe that. Missouri was high off a win against Oklahoma I believe.

Yeah think you are right, they had just beaten Oklahoma. But not sure how great OK was that year.

This would be the biggest win since the MSU game in 2011

To win this game I have four keys

Neb must force a few turnovers- like 2 or 3 or more

We must not turn the ball over- max of 2 one will probably happen

We must force MSU fo kick a few field goals when they get to the red zone

The offense must get 120 plus yards rushing with our passing attack

It would be the biggest upset in, like, forever. How many times have we beat an undefeated top-ten team when we weren't ranked ourselves? Not many, I'd guess. And the last time we had a win-loss record like this was before the Devaney era.

I'm not sure it's ever happened, based on a quick review. Mostly because NU has almost always been ranked, and playing a top 10 opponent is fairly rare.

Playing top 10 opponenets might be fairly rare, but I wouldn't agree that NU has almost always been ranked.

2013 9-4, only ranked for 4 games that season.

2009 9-4, only ranked for 7 games.

2008 9-4, spent the entire season unranked

2007 5-7, spent the majority of the season unranked.

2005 9-4, spent the entire season unranked

2004, 5-6, spent the entire season unranked

2002, 7-7, only 5 games we were ranked

2001 top 10 all year

2000 top 10 all year

1999 top 10 all year

I swear, most husker fans act like it was just yesterday that we were recognized as a threat on a national scale...Wake up sheeple...we haven't been a national threat in 14 years!

It would be the biggest upset in, like, forever. How many times have we beat an undefeated top-ten team when we weren't ranked ourselves? Not many, I'd guess. And the last time we had a win-loss record like this was before the Devaney era.

I'm not sure it's ever happened, based on a quick review. Mostly because NU has almost always been ranked, and playing a top 10 opponent is fairly rare.

Playing top 10 opponenets might be fairly rare, but I wouldn't agree that NU has almost always been ranked.

2013 9-4, only ranked for 4 games that season.

2009 9-4, only ranked for 7 games.

2008 9-4, spent the entire season unranked

2007 5-7, spent the majority of the season unranked.

2005 9-4, spent the entire season unranked

2004, 5-6, spent the entire season unranked

2002, 7-7, only 5 games we were ranked

2001 top 10 all year

2000 top 10 all year

1999 top 10 all year

I swear, most husker fans act like it was just yesterday that we were recognized as a threat on a national scale...Wake up sheeple...we haven't been a national threat in 14 years!

Right, but during all those unranked seasons from 2002 to now we all know damn well there were no wins over top 10 opponents, so people are referring to 2001 and previous when saying that the team was basically always ranked.

We are 3-6. They are 9-0. We are unranked. They are highly ranked. We just lost to Purdue. They hung 50 points on us. QB's salivate to play our secondary. Cook is a 1st round lock at QB. Their D is solid. We win, its huge. Possibly the biggest in NU's history. This year, we are Kansas of the B1G .........

Drama queen much?