What would the Staff have to change for you to get on board?

thatguy

Forget wins and losses for a second.

The fact remains that the staff is still in their first year, in a completely different environment from what they are used to. it doesn't excuse some of their mistakes, but it also means that they can still change the trajectory significantly, if they make the right changes.

What changes do you think they must make now in order for you to believe that they will get this program back where it needs to be?

for me, being able to (temporarily) bench or work around struggling starters is one. what's yours?

Stop passing on 3rd and short. Yes, I know that the run game can be stuffed on 3rd and short, but then that's just getting beat fair and square. I trust Armstrong's legs more than his arm, and his instincts more than his judgment.

Get some outside input on new run plays. The ones used now are uninspiring, to say the least.

Hire some smart grad assistant to run the timeouts, clock, and extra point strategy. Seriously, Riley isn't the first coach to have brain freezes in this area, so I am serious in that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone thinking about this BEFORE the time comes in the heat of the battle.

Act like a loss is a bad thing.

Don't play with your sweatshirt string when your team is imploding. Find a player on the sideline and go coach him.

On defense, jam receivers on the line. Yeah, I know that could lead to a defender getting burned, but that happens now on a regular basis, so any change in pass coverage techniques would be a welcome change.

• Fire 1

Get some outside input on new run plays. The ones used now are uninspiring, to say the least.

I disagree with this. I actually love the play package that is in our run game. They just aren't used enough and properly. When you look at the combination of the jet sweeps, full back traps, RB runs in the middle and outside and then throw in a few QB runs and some traditional option plays, they have a good arsenal of plays to call that makes the defense defend from sideline to sideline. We also have some fairly quick runs to the outside instead of slow developing plays too. We get the ball into multiple player's hands while still running the ball (WR, RB, FB and QB).

Now, commit to it, be creative on how and when you use them and kick ass.

Quit sacrificing wins for scheme, like he said he wouldn't do when he took the job.

Tell Langsdorf that a one yard tackle for loss on an I-back isn't reason enough to "have to go back" to passing the ball against the 103rd worst run defense in the country.

Keep a fullback in the backfield when all you have to do is get one first down to beat Wisky.

Learn to defend the goal-line on a Hail Mary instead of the back of the endzone.

Play the running back who is a good runner, rather than a good pass blocker.

Hire a DC.

And just a suggestion, tell the AD and the Chancellor to shut their pie holes and quit pi$$ing people off with statements of support.

• Fire 3

I want to see sound fundamental football.

Tackling.

Some zone coverage

A running game with a gifted running QB. The guy shows brilliance running the option.

More running from the I and the offset I. Especially against weak teams. There is a very good fullback that doesn't get used enough or the right way.

A defense that makes the offense earn every square inch of the field.

Hard hitting

No more NFL mindsets. Its college. You dont have Eli.

The players to play for Nebraska and themselves for 4 quarters.

Some creativity and stick to what is working.

Physical offensive lines that have the mentality to move defenders to where they want them. Not get slapped around like a...well you know.

Recruiting of speed

Bring some nastiness to the field.

Train the corners and safeties to look for the ball. Pretend like they have seen a forward pass before.

Linebackers that can run sideline to sideline effectively.

Take the run blocking Oline off the bench and put them into the game. Run the ball.

Bench anyone that does not want to play. Anyone that quits. Anyone that doesn't have heart. Anyone that wont play for his coach. Anyone that doesnt bleed Scarlet and Cream.

Play for 4 bloody quarters with intensity.

No more stupid penalties.

Coaches to watch film of successful programs and emulate it.

Give the remaining three teams hell. Let them know they played a football game. Win or lose.

• Fire 1