Bowl Projections 11/09/2015 (Now with Nebraska!)

Thats my point. The rules keep getting adjusted every year to accomodate for more bowl bids, and at some point Name 5-7 schools, like Nebraska, will be selected because of how many tickets we sell. Look gow many bowls have been added in the last 5 years alone.

Right now it is based on APR. Nebraska would get a bowl b/c of that. It has nothing to do with tickets sold or TV viewers. You are arguing against something that has not even happened yet.

Thats my point. The rules keep getting adjusted every year to accomodate for more bowl bids, and at some point Name 5-7 schools, like Nebraska, will be selected because of how many tickets we sell. Look gow many bowls have been added in the last 5 years alone.

Right now it is based on APR. Nebraska would get a bowl b/c of that. It has nothing to do with tickets sold or TV viewers. You are arguing against something that has not even happened yet.

I'm not even trying to argue. I'm going to make it clear so we can drop this.

I don't like 5-7 teams getting bowl invites. It waters down the selection process and makes bowls less important overall. We are no allowing 5-7 teams access through one way or another. This opens the door for the system to become more corrupt than it already is.

If anybody here thinks the bowl system isn't horrendously corrupt, I invite you to revisit the whole Fiesta Bowl scandal. Better yet, read Death to the BCS. That book pretty much reveals everything wrong with the bowl system.

On that note, sorry for upsetting anyone with my opinion. Enjoy your bowl talk.

How about we just focus on beating Rutgers?

Well...probably because it doesn't matter what we focus on.

Also...I would love to see them play Air Force.

I understand what you're saying, but to say all of the negative focus put on the future of the coaching staff doesn't affect how people feel in that locker room is foolish.

It's more of a superstitious thing than anything, we have been burned too many times by putting the cart before the horse.

42 bowls times 2 = 84 out of 128 teams. In other words, 5-7 record is very easy to invite.

Only thing, 2009 Notre Dame 6-6 record ...... bowl invite refusal. Could be thanks but no thanks (Huskers)

if a 6-6 Nebraska teams refuses a bowl game I will be flabbergasted. Considering the turmoil this season has been, if Nebraska is 6-6 that means they beat two top 10 unbeaten teams in the same month. This coaching staff might have some major flaws, but I don't think they refuse a bowl bid at 6-6. The extra practices, the extra exposure, the chance to have a winning season, and a little extra money dumped into the program is all a positive.

Just make sure Banker isn't the one responding to the bowl invite, and I am pretty sure Nebraska accepts at 6-6.

^^ yes

Rutgers are tough in first half performance. 24-24 score against Spartans with 0:50 to go. Knights are more dangerous than Dirty Birds IMO.

Penn State - scoreless through 3 quarters, lose 24-3

Ohio State - scoreless through 3 quarters, lose 49-7

Wisconsin - 3 first half points, lose 48-10

Michigan - down 35-16 at half, lose 49-16

Just as we talked about in regards to Purdue and Mich St, that's on Mich St!! Rutgers and Purdue aren't doing that to the rest of the conference. Mich St let them, just as we let Purdue. It's the same with us and Rutgers....if we don't help them, they'll have a difficult time.

^^ yes

Rutgers are tough in first half performance. 24-24 score against Spartans with 0:50 to go. Knights are more dangerous than Dirty Birds IMO.

Penn State - scoreless through 3 quarters, lose 24-3

Ohio State - scoreless through 3 quarters, lose 49-7

Wisconsin - 3 first half points, lose 48-10

Michigan - down 35-16 at half, lose 49-16

Just as we talked about in regards to Purdue and Mich St, that's on Mich St!! Rutgers and Purdue aren't doing that to the rest of the conference. Mich St let them, just as we let Purdue. It's the same with us and Rutgers....if we don't help them, they'll have a difficult time.

To be honest, Rutgers was without their stud WR, who is coming back this week. Imagine DPE but with a few more pelts under his belt, and that's the burner that Rutgers is getting back.

Combine that with our trademarked "Olé"® Secondary Defensive package, and this could become a game where someone that shouldn't be able to hang with us does.