Shilique Calhoun: "Dirty play" threw me off at Nebraska

Kernal

The commentor saying it was on 4th down on the final drive also said it was on the touchdown scoring play. But I just watched the play 3 times and there wasn't enough time for holding and definitely wasn't a headlock on anyone. It was made out to be some game changing hold but it could have happened in the 1st quarter on a 3rd down play we failed to convert for all we know.

The irony about all of this is there are a number of plays that MSU did the exact same thing. There was on play where I believe it was 66 hit Bando as the whistle was blowing and he keep his cool. It is how linemen are taught. You cannot expect them to stop in mid-motion when they committed to an act...

https://twitter.com/JonNyatawa/status/664495333905473536

If this is indeed the play, then just wow.....I know it's a bit late but to have something like that bother you the whole game? Maybe his quote was taken out of context

I've seen similar plays to this get flagged and when I saw it happen I was actually a bit surprised he got away with it. It was close enough to the play ending that the refs maybe thought it was the continuation of a block. Dirty? I don't think he meant to really hurt him. Late? I can see a real argument for that. The runner is down on the ground right in front of him, so I highly doubt he didn't know the play was over. IMHO he has to be a bitter than that.

I agree. If the shoe were on the other foot and that was one of our players who got hurt by a late hit, we'd all be pissed and bitching about it.

That said, it doesn't excuse Calhoun for his play.

• Fire 1

https://twitter.com/JonNyatawa/status/664495333905473536

If this is indeed the play, then just wow.....I know it's a bit late but to have something like that bother you the whole game? Maybe his quote was taken out of context

I've seen similar plays to this get flagged and when I saw it happen I was actually a bit surprised he got away with it. It was close enough to the play ending that the refs maybe thought it was the continuation of a block. Dirty? I don't think he meant to really hurt him. Late? I can see a real argument for that. The runner is down on the ground right in front of him, so I highly doubt he didn't know the play was over. IMHO he has to be a bitter than that.
I agree. If the shoe were on the other foot and that was one of our players who got hurt by a late hit, we'd all be pissed and bitching about it.

That said, it doesn't excuse Calhoun for his play.

Or blame it on our strength and conditioning.

I think Nick Bahe has it correct on this one.

If I were the Head Coach there would be a ban on Social Media for my players. There literally can't be any good that comes from it.

Shilique is a great talent but comes across as a sissy here.

There's tons of good that can come from it.