Paris attacks

I think Coach needs a snickers...

Turning the other way when someone offers you a new testament isn't persecutions, it's your right to free speech. You don't want it or like it you don't have to acknowledge it. Christians are not persecuted in this nation. Because 3 or 4 psychos who don't like organized religion kill christians does not equate to persecution. If it did then Obama and the United States of America would be the single largest persecutors of Muslims and second wouldn't even be close.

Didn't say that. I said the new testament wad a form of the phobia LOMS mentioned.

There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Hostility - "[/size]unfriendliness or opposition."[/size]

Dude. 71% of Americans self-identify as Christian according to a 2014 survey. And you have the gall to claim a MAJORITY is "persecuted" in its own country?

afpPQu0.jpg

Or...

iuLUoqw.png

Either way, get off your high horse. You are not a victim.

Good lord. Did I say majority? Persecution is NOT a mass issue. It can be against one person and it's still persecution.

You of all people I would think would read before posting in reaction.

I don't have a high horse. I never lumped myself into it. Never said I was better than anyone. The definition of persecution proved my point. Never once did I say I was a victim. But families of those who have died because they align with Christ are victims along with their lost loves one. For the record. I never generalized this about American Christians. I specifically said it's in ISOLATED INCIDENTS

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Hostility - "unfriendliness or opposition."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

So you'd agree that members of every religion are persecuted daily?

Yes. Absolutely. By DEFINITION. Yes.

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Hostility - "unfriendliness or opposition."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

I no more want to be handed a copy of the new testament and hear about the lord and savior Jesus Christ from a stranger on the street than I want to be approached about changing my cell phone plan. That's not Christianophobia and it certainly isn't persecution, it's wanting to be left alone. Witnessing may be important to them and their church but a lot of people, especially the current 18-25 year olds, don't want to hear it.

If you want to see religious persecution try replacing that nice older gentleman handing out bibles with an equally nice dark-skinned man handing out the quran.

• Fire 1

On another note pertaining to the actual topic.

France went after ISIS tonight. Which made me feel good for them and wonder (as always) why our incompetent president doesn't have the back bone to state the obvious. Obama is such a freaking coward its laughable.

Anyway, here is the story on the French fighter jets.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/french-jets-bomb-syria-police-launched-international-manhunt/story?id=35215091

Weren't the strikes coordinated with US forces?

We can rid the world of ISIS and Al Queda bit there will be another group to take their place. It's not that all Muslims are bad, but a very small minority is jaded towards the west. Don't forget that in their twisted view of Islam, anyone who's a non believer steps onto their land is an enemy. Had we stayed out of Iraq, and Afghanistan it's possible two terror groups would not have came to their level of power

On another note pertaining to the actual topic.

France went after ISIS tonight. Which made me feel good for them and wonder (as always) why our incompetent president doesn't have the back bone to state the obvious. Obama is such a freaking coward its laughable.

Anyway, here is the story on the French fighter jets.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/french-jets-bomb-syria-police-launched-international-manhunt/story?id=35215091

Weren't the strikes coordinated with US forces?

They were, but that doesn't fit into the "Muslim president wouldn't go after his own people" narrative

Here is something that just leaves me scratching my head.

These acts are carried out by ISIS. "Islamic State of Iran and Siria".

They openly state that their goal is to make the world an Islamic state. They will kill anyone that is again their Islamic state. They use their Islamic religion as motivation and justification for their actions.

BUT, we aren't supposed to use the word Muslim when talking about them?

Im pretty sure we are not going to insult them by using that word.

I'm also pretty sure peaceful Muslims around the world already know they are Muslims and that they are using Islam in this sick way.

So....tell me again why we shouldn't call something what it is?

Here is something that just leaves me scratching my head.

These acts are carried out by ISIS. "Islamic State of Iran and Siria".

They openly state that their goal is to make the world an Islamic state. They will kill anyone that is again their Islamic state. They use their Islamic religion as motivation and justification for their actions.

Im pretty sure we are not going to insult them by using that word.

I'm also pretty sure peaceful Muslims around the world already know they are Muslims and that they are using Islam in this sick way.

So....tell me again why we shouldn't call something what it is?

Iraq and Syria. Iran is actually against ISIS as well.

Who said that?

You honestly just asked that?

Are you ok calling these people of groups Muslim extremists?

Heck, I'm sitting here listening to the president trying to explain why we shouldn't use the word Muslim.

It makes no sense in this situation.

Maybe France will finally grow a pair and admit they have a Muslim problem. For years Hollande has been spouting that Islam is a religion of peace. How many more French have to die at the hand of Muslims before they finally realize the enemy lies within?

There are millions of Muslims in France. Dozens, MAYBE, are to blame for these attacks. What are you going to do with those millions who live in peace and want peace?

This isn't a "Muslim problem" any more than the KKK is a "Christian problem." This is an extremist problem, period.

why in the heck are you on here arguing about this right now?

Because the battle against hate, ignorance and stupidity starts at my front door.

99.9% of the time i am in total agreement with you knapp....but please aim this battle against the muslim extremist. they are the epitome of hate, ignorance, and stupidity

Extremists are extremists, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or whatever. It is NOT a Muslim problem. It is an extremism problem.

Who said that?

You honestly just asked that?

Yes. Quote where we've been told not to use the word Muslim.

don't use that word!