Paris attacks

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Hostility - "unfriendliness or opposition."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

Maybe because people in this thread are speaking about wiping out an entire people of the Islamic religion just for them being Islamic? I'd be more apt to be kinder to Christian values except I've never seen a Muslim person egg a gay person like I've seen Christian people do in person before.

I am just trying to make the point that both religions have had crazy extreme followers and people who horribly whether on purpose or not misinterpret their religious text to suit their purpose. The KKK had as big a following as ISIS does now which is at about 30k of 1.5 billion Islamic people in the world. I have no preference towards any religion as I'm agnostic (don't know what to believe in) and was raised Lutheran, so I'm not saying anything to offend any one religion but it's clear what religion the people that are in this topic that are attacking Muslims are.

No one was disagreeing that there are extremist's on each side. Unless I just missed that. I also fail to see where "egging a gay person" or whatever that means (literal or figurative) trumps mass killing of innocent people.

I may have skipped reading a few posts but I don't see the attack on muslims as a whole. I've only seen the mention of ISIS, but again, maybe I was just assuming that's what people were meaning if they said "muslim".

I've quoted multiple people in this thread that have said we need to wipe out Muslims as a whole. And the KKK was my example of white Christians that mass murdered innocent people. The eggings were a counter point to your persecution of Christians you had mentioned.

• Fire 1

There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Hostility - "[/size]unfriendliness or opposition."[/size]

Dude. 71% of Americans self-identify as Christian according to a 2014 survey. And you have the gall to claim a MAJORITY is "persecuted" in its own country?

afpPQu0.jpg

Or...

iuLUoqw.png

Either way, get off your high horse. You are not a victim.

• Fire 3

Yep. Welcome to a conversation where a majority denounces a minority and claims discrimination, is safe but claims persecution, then claims victimhood.

Or, in short, American Christians.

In another you correctly defended the high school football coach in Washington leading a voluntary prayer after football games. If I am not mistaken, this coach was eventually fired. Wouldn't being fired, by a public school district, for practicing your faith be a form of persecution?

The whole world needs to recognize what has to be done. As the French President said, "We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless.", and I hope that's not just rhetoric and that the world has the resolve to wage it. Wrong is wrong, evil is evil, and there can be no negotiation or effort to be tolerant or political wishes wondering how we can understand the point of view of these extremist pig-worshiping bastards. They are godless and must be exterminated.

Maybe with the recent news out of Sweden this will help Europe and the rest of the Western world to change their thinking on migration from Muslim countries. While it may be true that only a small percentage of refugees and migrants are militant and radical Muslims, the fact is that all are potential carriers of the disease. The flood of migrants need to be treated as potential carriers of a deadly Ebola-like disease. If European countries feel obliged to allow the migrants entry, they need to be quarantined and isolated from the native citizens. Naturally, the best form of defense against a people-borne disease is to prevent carriers from entering your country. If migrants find living in their own countries unbearable, they should be encouraged to return to their own countries to make the changes there in order to make living there bearable again. Some would call it tough love, but no constructive purpose is gained by allowing the migrants to make their new host countries as unbearable as those that they left in the first place.

IMO, if we don't start doing the above the peace loving hippie needs to understand that we have two choices, we can fight them there or we can fight them here. More and more it's looking like here to me with the hundreds of thousands, undocumented young male Arab migrants, crossing the borders. Sadly this is only the beginning.

People liked this comment about eradicated and getting rid of or completely alienating an entire religion of people. This is why I hate the fact that I live in such a dumbass hick state with so many people who can't adapt or embrace anything different than what they are so they segregate or think killing them all is the answer. Who's the bad guy there??
  • Fire 1

Yep. Welcome to a conversation where a majority denounces a minority and claims discrimination, is safe but claims persecution, then claims victimhood.

Or, in short, American Christians.

In another you correctly defended the high school football coach in Washington leading a voluntary prayer after football games. If I am not mistaken, this coach was eventually fired. Wouldn't being fired, by a public school district, for practicing your faith be a form of persecution?

"American Christians are not persecuted" is true as a general statement that applies to the general population. As soon as you start looking at individual circumstances one at a time, generalizations do not work.

That guy was wrongly persecuted in his specific example. American Christians are not persecuted.

• Fire 2

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Hostility - "unfriendliness or opposition."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

So you'd agree that members of every religion are persecuted daily?

The whole world needs to recognize what has to be done. As the French President said, "We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless.", and I hope that's not just rhetoric and that the world has the resolve to wage it. Wrong is wrong, evil is evil, and there can be no negotiation or effort to be tolerant or political wishes wondering how we can understand the point of view of these extremist pig-worshiping bastards. They are godless and must be exterminated.

Maybe with the recent news out of Sweden this will help Europe and the rest of the Western world to change their thinking on migration from Muslim countries. While it may be true that only a small percentage of refugees and migrants are militant and radical Muslims, the fact is that all are potential carriers of the disease. The flood of migrants need to be treated as potential carriers of a deadly Ebola-like disease. If European countries feel obliged to allow the migrants entry, they need to be quarantined and isolated from the native citizens. Naturally, the best form of defense against a people-borne disease is to prevent carriers from entering your country. If migrants find living in their own countries unbearable, they should be encouraged to return to their own countries to make the changes there in order to make living there bearable again. Some would call it tough love, but no constructive purpose is gained by allowing the migrants to make their new host countries as unbearable as those that they left in the first place.

IMO, if we don't start doing the above the peace loving hippie needs to understand that we have two choices, we can fight them there or we can fight them here. More and more it's looking like here to me with the hundreds of thousands, undocumented young male Arab migrants, crossing the borders. Sadly this is only the beginning.

People liked this comment about eradicated and getting rid of or completely alienating an entire religion of people. This is why I hate the fact that I live in such a dumbass hick state with so many people who can't adapt or embrace anything different than what they are so they segregate or think killing them all is the answer. Who's the bad guy there??

So religion is a disease?

The whole world needs to recognize what has to be done. As the French President said, "We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless.", and I hope that's not just rhetoric and that the world has the resolve to wage it. Wrong is wrong, evil is evil, and there can be no negotiation or effort to be tolerant or political wishes wondering how we can understand the point of view of these extremist pig-worshiping bastards. They are godless and must be exterminated. Maybe with the recent news out of Sweden this will help Europe and the rest of the Western world to change their thinking on migration from Muslim countries. While it may be true that only a small percentage of refugees and migrants are militant and radical Muslims, the fact is that all are potential carriers of the disease. The flood of migrants need to be treated as potential carriers of a deadly Ebola-like disease. If European countries feel obliged to allow the migrants entry, they need to be quarantined and isolated from the native citizens. Naturally, the best form of defense against a people-borne disease is to prevent carriers from entering your country. If migrants find living in their own countries unbearable, they should be encouraged to return to their own countries to make the changes there in order to make living there bearable again. Some would call it tough love, but no constructive purpose is gained by allowing the migrants to make their new host countries as unbearable as those that they left in the first place. IMO, if we don't start doing the above the peace loving hippie needs to understand that we have two choices, we can fight them there or we can fight them here. More and more it's looking like here to me with the hundreds of thousands, undocumented young male Arab migrants, crossing the borders. Sadly this is only the beginning.

Where did I say that?

The whole world needs to recognize what has to be done. As the French President said, "We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless.", and I hope that's not just rhetoric and that the world has the resolve to wage it. Wrong is wrong, evil is evil, and there can be no negotiation or effort to be tolerant or political wishes wondering how we can understand the point of view of these extremist pig-worshiping bastards. They are godless and must be exterminated. Maybe with the recent news out of Sweden this will help Europe and the rest of the Western world to change their thinking on migration from Muslim countries. While it may be true that only a small percentage of refugees and migrants are militant and radical Muslims, the fact is that all are potential carriers of the disease. The flood of migrants need to be treated as potential carriers of a deadly Ebola-like disease. If European countries feel obliged to allow the migrants entry, they need to be quarantined and isolated from the native citizens. Naturally, the best form of defense against a people-borne disease is to prevent carriers from entering your country. If migrants find living in their own countries unbearable, they should be encouraged to return to their own countries to make the changes there in order to make living there bearable again. Some would call it tough love, but no constructive purpose is gained by allowing the migrants to make their new host countries as unbearable as those that they left in the first place. IMO, if we don't start doing the above the peace loving hippie needs to understand that we have two choices, we can fight them there or we can fight them here. More and more it's looking like here to me with the hundreds of thousands, undocumented young male Arab migrants, crossing the borders. Sadly this is only the beginning.

Where did I say that?

Wasn't meant to say that you did, because I was too lazy to go back and quote the original post. Note the bolded section in huskers15's comment.

It shouldn't matter what "baggage" there is. You should be able to call something what it is.
Terrorism?

ISIS has claimed they fix this. What are the motivation behind ISIS and their actions here?