***Official Rutgers Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Tommy's been damn near perfect throwing everything and anything en route to 21 point lead.

So Langs is suddenly a moron for continuing what's been working.

Not sure I like that logic.

Some on here won't blame the players for anything. They only blame the coaches.
Up 21-0 and then 21-7 going into the wind isn't the time you air out the ball. Run out the half, maybe call some quick slants (maybe). But dont give up the momentum to Rutgers. We might lose this game because of those picks.

All the blame goes on Langs.

He's an OC straight out of the NFL. Did you not expect him to be in two minute offense mode?

Personally, I'm glad our coaches have the cojones to try and score instead of being conservative. I don't like playing not to lose.

• Fire 1

Its comforting to realize that Langs learns nothing. And at the first time to go all pass happy he does...

When an opponent is this bad, they've given up and your guys get aggressive like this, you as a coach have to know they're going to get sloppy and careless. It may be fun to throw bombs in a game like this, but it's unneeded, and dangerous. You as a coach have to reign them in.

Yep. Instill a culture of winning. Instill a culture of ending games quickly.

Yep, pull guys for a few plays, and let them know it is not acceptable. This coaching staff has never had discipline. You can read the same things on old OSU boards. Although the 2nd half at MSU and the first half today, the penalties are way down. I hope this trend continues.

Shades of BYU.......

Sure was. Did you see that replay?!?!

We...AGAIN...had at least 2 or 3 defensive backs standing in the end zone just looking at the play like statues. :facepalm:

Ya, while our D was just put in a bad situation for the td the gave-up they got flat-out lucky not to give-up a second one there. Rutgers should have pulled that one in.

Tommy's been damn near perfect throwing everything and anything en route to 21 point lead.

So Langs is suddenly a moron for continuing what's been working.

Not sure I like that logic.

He was perfect throwing with the wind. Been throwing against the wind in the second quarter and has struggled. That's the logic.

And he got lucky on a couple plays when the DBs were no looking for the ball. TA has thrown a lot of passes, and you know he is good for a boneheaded throw every now and then. Why take that chance when you have a 21 point lead? Run the ball down their throat, break their will, do not give them a chance at a momentum changing play.

Because our OL isn't good enough to run it down their throat and break their will. Hopefully someday soon we will have an OL that can do that, but it isn't who we are right now.

You may be right, but we never stick with the run long enough to find out. In any case, with a 21 point lead, run the ball, eat the clock, and take the 21 point lead into the half. Your D has been shutting them down. Just don't let them back in the game.

Hindsight is 20/20. We were killing them through the air and had the WR wide open and TA missed him and threw a pick. I have no problem going for the throat and getting a TD before the half with just under three minutes left in the half. It sucks that TA blew it, but nobody knew that would happen. We had the momentum and there was no reason to play scared and just try to run out the clock.

Looking past the frustrating play calling, we have questionable execution and decision making from our veteran QB. Watching Tommy is like being on roller coaster. He wows you with some of the plays he makes but then crushes your spirit by making a very poor decision combined with poor execution. I can live with occasional poor execution but I expect better decisions from a veteran QB.

Looking past the frustrating play calling, we have questionable execution and decision making from our veteran QB. Watching Tommy is like being on roller coaster. He wows you with some of the plays he makes but then crushes your spirit by making a very poor decision combined with poor execution. I can live with occasional poor execution but I expect better decisions from a veteran QB.

It is amazing how similr he is to TM in that regard