Nebraska's Relevance

CooterRay

it's humorous that undefeated iowa fans think they need to troll Nebraska. i think they may be feeling a bit nervous about the huskers

I would be. It's really dependent on which Huskers team shows up. There are several teams Iowa struggled to beat this year and Nebraska has shown some strong resolve and effort the last two games.

They also have a lot more to lose which always makes you wonder if they'll play to win, or play not to lose, once adversity hits.

Whether people want to admit or not, we haven't been relevant in years. Gotta win championships of some sort to stay relevant.

Goat,

I agree you have to win to gain respect, but we have also been blown-out too many times on National TV by folks we should have played with even-up and had a Mad-Man shoveling bad behavior on National TV, poisoning our image out there for years.

I sure hope we are seeing a turn around where the program regains National respect, but I also hope Husker Fans regain their respect for the brand. Those two fellers who "shall not be mentioned" hurt us to the bone.

GBR.

Winning two more games this year will go a long way toward putting the Husker name out there as being relevant. We would then be 'relevant' because we have defested a couple of top ten level teams and a bowl win, following a year with a close bowl loss to a respectable Southern Cal team. Southern Cal sits in the middle of a huge bunch of recruits and can restock easily and always gets a fair share of local talent. We will be relevant again within two years if we stay the course and all fans, coaches, admininstration and players do their best to unite and fight hard. This recruiting class is going to be a giant step forward assuming Riley can find about 4 more diamonds in the rough. He is out there beating the bushes and looking under every rock. The obvious ones may be taken by all the other 'big boys' but I suspect we can find a few somewhere. A couple JUCOs, a couple hard luck cases from small class schools, a couple unknown walk ons, etc. This is a big year for Nebraska football.

it's humorous that undefeated iowa fans think they need to troll Nebraska. i think they may be feeling a bit nervous about the huskers

I would be. It's really dependent on which Huskers team shows up. There are several teams Iowa struggled to beat this year and Nebraska has shown some strong resolve and effort the last two games.

They also have a lot more to lose which always makes you wonder if they'll play to win, or play not to lose, once adversity hits.

They've had close games, but haven't been physically punished. I am anxious to see how "tough" they really are when a team punches them in the mouth. And doesn't stop. This is Iowa's best season ever. They have a lot riding on this game. A LOT. If I had to guess, they are wrapped as tightly as the paint on a house. One solid punch might be all it takes to make the whole thing collapse. They are not "used" to being at the top or being the hunted. Its a different world getting stalked......

This thread makes me embarrassed of the view that my fellow Huskers have of this team... We are completely irrelevant on a national level and have been for years, there is nothing that can be done this year to improve this... And it sounds to me from the climate on this board, that since our 2 win streak began (Yes I seriously see people here touting that like it's the greatest thing on earth, LOL!!!), many people on this board sound like they are thrilled to death to be in a position to be a spoiler... This is a sad day for Husker football, relevant teams don't have fanbases who are happy JUST to have a shot at spoiling someone else's season...

This thread makes me embarrassed of the view that my fellow Huskers have of this team... We are completely irrelevant on a national level and have been for years, there is nothing that can be done this year to improve this... And it sounds to me from the climate on this board, that since our 2 win streak began (Yes I seriously see people here touting that like it's the greatest thing on earth, LOL!!!), many people on this board sound like they are thrilled to death to be in a position to be a spoiler... This is a sad day for Husker football, relevant teams don't have fanbases who are happy JUST to have a shot at spoiling someone else's season...

Don't get a nose bleed up on they high horse.

Nobody thinks this season is the greatest season on earth. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a few wins at the end of s tough season.

I just feel so horrible for you that you are so embarrassed to be a Husker fan. Maybe you would feel better on a black and gold site.

• Fire 1

I'm not embarrassed to be a Husker fan, I'm embarrassed for my fellow Husker fans. The views expressed on this board will contribute to a further slide in my opinion... It is very clear on this board that we are becoming increasingly comfortable with a .500 season, as long as we can upset a couple of teams. The mood did a 180 on this board after a TWO WIN STREAK, and I see posts that we are on our way back to relevancy now if we can beat Iowa, LOL! We're on our way to obscurity if you ask me, and it looks like we hired the right guy to take us there. We look like a fanbase who is happy to win half their games, as long as they can get a quality win or two, that's MRs specialty.

Not sure where the Missouri comment came in, neither of us are in the Big 12 anymore. I know a lot of our fans are Mizzousessed, but just forget about them, that's embarrassing too...