Bowl Outlook

Article I read says Nebraska, Minnesota and San Jose State are the three 5-7 teams in that order to get bowl invites today. We made it by the hair on Mike Riley's head! Whew! One more game this year so the long cold winter will be a bit shorter. Recruiting is the key of course. Maybe playing a bowl game will be helpful in this regard. With Colorado, Minnesota and Missouri players of the year (Domann, Spielman and Bryant), and several others that look pretty good, and a QB with all the measurables where you want them, I am not sure how we do much better. Land about 4 big boys and another LB and we have a good bunch. Gather up every walk on within driving range and its a good start.

I realize beggers can't be choosers and we are lucky to even be getting a bowl invite but dam! The last choice for an opponent would be UCLA. We've played them too many times in the past few years. Why couldn't we play in Dallas vs. Air Force? Been a good match up. For Riley, this northern California game might be good for recruiting. But historically, California has sent a lot of players to Lincoln but far too many have been less than great in my opinion. Perhaps Lawrence Phillips was the best and he didn't turn out so well either. Let's hope that POB is the start of something really big. Sure can't hurt when we are searching high and low for a handful of good ones to complete this year's class. Go Huskers!

• Fire 1

Looks like it's another game against UCLA

As long as the Huskers get a bowl, I really can't complain. The Bruins are sitting at 8-4 though. I looked over numerous teams that went 6-6 or 7-5. A matchup against any of these would be a bit more intriguing. If not more refreshing. Cincinnati, Louisville, NC State, Duke, West Virginia, Tex Tech, Arkansas, Auburn, Virginia Tech, K-State, California, Arizona State, UConn, Arizona.