What Did We Learn: Iowa Edition

I don't care for this coaching staff by and large, but the 4th and 1 fade was not exactly the primary call, Cethan Carter was standing all alone on the other side of the field, but Tommy threw to the end zone because he. . .yeah I don't know why he did it, honestly. Carter likely walks it in easily if Tommy turns his head slightly to his left.

Yeah, or you run 1 yard for first down and have 4 more plays....there's always that.

The pass play was there. The blown call was third and 1 not just plowing Armstrong straight ahead behind center, where Iowa didn't have anybody lined up. Ran it off-tackle or whatever instead and got stuffed.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/670397559517540353

I guess I'm too dumb to figure out how to imbed the tweet.

More proof as to why TA needs to concentrate on his classes and have a good life away from football. He is legally retarded at playing the QB position. The really frustrating part is that a lot of the less intelligent posters will blame the coaches when they are trying to win games with a QB that is the equal to having one hand tied behind their back due to his lack of football intelligence. TA has guys wide open and most of the times chooses the wrong guy to throw to. That is on Bo's sorry ass for not recruiting anyone better and no depth. Now we are faced with starting a true freshman next year or face another year of bad QB play that will cost us games. TA just needs to go away and give his scholarship to someone who won't sabatoge the season with his poor decsion making.

Then why call a play where making a mistake is an option. For 11 games Langs has seen this. 11 games. To include TA walking out of practice early after Rutgers when Langs got onto him about decision making. The game is on the line, mitigate your liability. Line up in a jumbo package, Jano and Cross, either hand to Cross or fake the dive and run a naked bootleg with TA. Sure as hell don't leave it in the hands of your QB, with iffy decision making skills.

• Fire 4

I don't care for this coaching staff by and large, but the 4th and 1 fade was not exactly the primary call, Cethan Carter was standing all alone on the other side of the field, but Tommy threw to the end zone because he. . .yeah I don't know why he did it, honestly. Carter likely walks it in easily if Tommy turns his head slightly to his left.

Yeah, or you run 1 yard for first down and have 4 more plays....there's always that.

The pass play was there. The blown call was third and 1 not just plowing Armstrong straight ahead behind center, where Iowa didn't have anybody lined up. Ran it off-tackle or whatever instead and got stuffed.

Tommy is limiting what this offense can do. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm not sure if Langs is the the guy or not, but I don't think we can judge at this point.

Thank you for having some common sense. +1

A talented true freshmen will make mistakes, but they won't be at as high of a volume and consistently repeated.

• Fire 1

I learned that this was what, the 8,000th time I have seen Nebraska have two straight false start penalties (in the first quarter)

I almost threw my phone out the window of my car as I was watching on the way home. I learned my wife has quicker hands than I thought as she grabbed the phone and steering wheel at the same time to avoid certain disaster.

More proof as to why TA needs to concentrate on his classes and have a good life away from football. He is legally retarded at playing the QB position. The really frustrating part is that a lot of the less intelligent posters will blame the coaches when they are trying to win games with a QB that is the equal to having one hand tied behind their back due to his lack of football intelligence. TA has guys wide open and most of the times chooses the wrong guy to throw to. That is on Bo's sorry ass for not recruiting anyone better and no depth. Now we are faced with starting a true freshman next year or face another year of bad QB play that will cost us games. TA just needs to go away and give his scholarship to someone who won't sabatoge the season with his poor decsion making.

The coaches knew coming in that Armstrong was not a pro style quarterback. You can toss all the blame you wish on Pelini and Armstrong, which is fine.......but I don't believe Riley is going to be absolved for not following through on playing to the strengths and capabilities on the roster.

I learned when down 11, with the wind behind you, a fg may help you more than a fade.

In the NFL 6 and seven loss seasons are acceptable not in college.

NU has a NFL OC. Not a college mindset.

If you don't allow others to play and build depth, when injuries and ejections happen, you are hosed.

The players didn't quit.

NU didn't get blownout all season.

This offseason the coaches need to come with some imaginative running plays for TA. Play to the kids strengths.

I learned when down 11, with the wind behind you, a fg may help you more than a fade.

If you don't allow others to play and build depth, when injuries and ejections happen, you are hosed.

The players didn't quit.

This offseason the coaches need to come with some imaginative running plays for TA. Play to the kids strengths.

We had three guys open to get the 1st down. TA isn't smart enough to see them. We will only improve when he and his piss poor QB play are finally gone.

If we get into a bowl game we absolutely need to take it. The bowl game is important not for the game itself, but the 15 extra practices you get to prepare for it. Second of all we just lost to the #4 team yet IMO looked like the better team minus the poor turnovers and two blown runs. They generated only 250 yards of offense, 75 of that coming from a single run. We put up 433 and threw 4 picks They were 0-9 for 3rd down conversions. In the end we lost due to turnovers. Losing this game sucks for sure, but it's a hell of a lot better than being flat out outclassed on both sides of the ball. Mediocre QB play would have won this game by two touchdowns. Today Tommy wasn't even close to that.

Statistically we owned both sides of the ball except in two categories. Turnovers and penalties.

The players didn't quit.

We had three guys open to get the 1st down. TA isn't smart enough to see them. We will only improve when he and his piss poor QB play are finally gone.

Not relevent

The depth issue is on Bo and his sh**ty recruiting.

Good on this coaching staff

Once again better coaching than when Little Bo Bleep was here

TA doesn't need to play QB again at NU unless O'Brien gets hurt

• Fire 2

The players didn't quit.

One of the QB's holding up towels so the calls are shielded.

• Fire 1

Nebraska could have beaten two Top 5 teams this year. Defense and Special Teams came to play. OL and Imani played well. WR were alright, not great. TA was the difference in this loss. He has all the arm talent and running ability you want but makes too many bad throws. Langsdorf switched from a power run offense against Michigan St and Rutgers to a pass first offense. Still, it was effective as Nebraska gained 433 yards and 22 first downs (almost 200 more yards and twice as many first downs as Iowa). However, while effective, this game plan highlights TA's weaknesses.

It was obviously NOT effective. If we run the same offense that we did against MSU, there are sure as sh#t fewer interceptions. What coach in their right mind, with the crappy weather we had today, runs a throw heavy scheme?

You can't just run the ball 70 times and win a game against a top 5 team. It sucks that TA sucks to the point that we can't trust him with any throw, but that is where we are right now. Average QB play and we win this game by 14-20 points, but TA has never been average because if he was we would have had 10 wins.

• Fire 3