Should the Huskers - at 5-7 - Accept a Bowl Invite

ladyhawke

Bowl Game at 5-7?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally think we should go for the extra practice session..... which concentrate on the players who will replace those graduating. Besides improving on skills the practice & bowl experience should BOND players for next season.

One idea that no one has mentioned so far -- the players themselves who have worked hard all year.... don't they want a trip and another chance to play? If they don't ... they shouldn't be playing for Nebraska.

Yes, practice if anything. Give the fans something to do if in a warmer climate. Reward the fans for putting up wt a half baked year. No bonus or extra salary for coaches. They didn't earn it.

Rotate in players who didn't play much this year who may be expected to have stronger roles next year. Get some OL rotation going for crying out loud.

• Fire 1

A bowl game, especially following a lackluster season, is good for more practice and hopefully improvement. The players work their butts off all year round, this also serves as a nice vacation, hopefully to a warmer climate. IOW, I don't have a problem with us going to a bowl, I don't see any shame in it.

BTW, what is our status so far re: a bowl?

Yes. Are you kidding?

The extra practices are extremely valuable, and these players deserve any opportunities they are offered for their work and effort, regardless of results.

^^This! +1 And any bowl that would be vying for the Huskers would love to have us. Even in a crappy down year like this I'll guarantee that you'd see more Sea of Red fans in the seats than the other schools that typically go to these sort of bowls. That, and I'd like to see us notch another bowl win. The way we've been playing these last three games I think we could handle any other .500 team in the nation. GBR!

Yes. Are you kidding?

The extra practices are extremely valuable, and these players deserve any opportunities they are offered for their work and effort, regardless of results.

^^This! +1 And any bowl that would be vying for the Huskers would love to have us. Even in a crappy down year like this I'll guarantee that you'd see more Sea of Red fans in the seats than the other schools that typically go to these sort of bowls. That, and I'd like to see us notch another bowl win. The way we've been playing these last three games I think we could handle any other .500 team in the nation. GBR!

Good post. Honestly, the turnovers were the biggest factor in that Iowa game. If they'd taken better care of the ball Nebraska may have won.

I would give Nebraska solid shot against most teams in the country that are hovering around that 8 to 9 win mark, not just the .500 teams.