Adding Coach Dub's son to the roster

Haspula

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

False. Or the Cotton boys wouldn't have been on scholly.
Unless it's different for the coaching staff Huskerhead has it correct. Family of university emoployees can go to school at discounted rate.

It's totally different if the kid is going to be playing a sport. As pointed out elsewhere, student athletes could be recruited to schools simply by giving their parents a job. Not that it's not being done currently in the SEC.
Iirc, if the kid's parent is a coach and the kid is on the team, the kid HAS to count against scholarship limits, even with the staff/family member tuition rates.

If correct, just chalk another one up for Riley "getting good" for his boys.

Unless the rule has changed recently, Dan Hawkins kid at CU (Cody?) walked on to not take up at scholly. It was stated about 5 times during each CU game when they both were there.

Doug McDermott did it at Creighton for basketball his senior year, too. Not sure if the rules are the same but it's not uncommon, I guess.

True, I'm not sure how it works, just thought that I heard that about the Cottons, could be wrong about that.

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

Here we go with this freaking argument. If he's good enough to have a scholarship, give the kid a scholarship. I felt the same way with the Cotton kids.

Then why did they get schollies?

Here we go with this freaking argument. If he's good enough to have a scholarship, give the kid a scholarship. I felt the same way with the Cotton kids.

Then why did they get schollies?

Didn't at least one get conference honors and the other two were solid contributors? That's probably why.

• 1 month later...

He's enrolled in classes for this semester so will be participating in Spring Practices.

Here's a little background (some repeated from above):

5-10, 194 lbs.

Redshirted in 2014. Played the first two games of 2015 before being injured and out for the year. That means (right now) he has three years to play three but would have to sit this year as a transfer unless granted a hardship waiver. Also should be eligible for a medical redshirt for last year.

Rivals high school profile - :star :star :star

247 high school profile - #183 WR; :star :star :star

Hudl high school highlights

Fresno State Bio

ESPN Profile

• 2 weeks later...

Wide outs L.J. Reed and Keyan Williams, who is headed to Nebraska where his father, Keith Williams, Fresno State’s former receivers coach, is now on staff.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article46381515.html

5'10 194lbs. Played as a RS freshman this year. Had 34 yards on 7 receptions.

His HS QB didn't look to shabby either - I wonder where he went. Glad he is coming on board.