Tommy Armstrong's Instagram

Dansker

tommy_gun4

Throughout my junior year I've dealt with so many obstacles and challenges. The lord has a plan and through tough times he finds a way to give back to the ones who accepts the challenges for better or worse. Next year is my last year as a "Husker" and I can promise my teammates and Brothers that they will get my all. Times will get hard, times will get frustrating and times will be great but I can promise you that I will push them to another level. It's us against the world and throughout my career I've realized that my brothers support me no matter what. Offseason starts now with or without a bowl game!! This season is a learning experience for not just me but for our team!! 2016 will be something special!! One last ride with my boys!!! #gbr

Link

You have to admire his passion but this whole us against the world thing needs to RIP. I imagine it's going to take a couple years to completely get rid of the past. I don't think TA should be given a mulligan based on the results of this season. The staff definitely needs to open up the competition so having Patrick O'Brien challenge the incumbent starter will be for the best. Perhaps it will make TA a better QB but asking someone to overhaul their mechanics is hard to do. See Taylor Martinez.

Maybe these guys wouldn't feel "us againstthe wold" if they weren't consistently roasted on boards and social media.

And let me tell you a fact: this "attitude" is prevalent everywhere that things aren't perfect (and that means everywhere).

College players don't play for fans. Not really. They may say the right things in front of the press, but you play for each other. And maybe your coaches and your families. And for the tradition of the brothers that went before you.

Glad to hear he's coming back. We'll need him, and I hope that he doesn't have a change of heart this spring.

• Fire 4

I agree. Admire the passion. Not a fan of "us against the world" -- if that world includes your own fans. It's great to have a chip on your shoulder, but wasting any time on doubters and critics beyond that is just doing yourself a disservice.

Tommy has a lot of drive, and I respect that. I hope it'll get him where he needs to be. And as a fan of the entire team, I hope he'll have plenty of challengers this offseason. Good luck to him.

If he considers the fans against him that would be incorrect. The most critical fans hope for every player and the team to have success. I wouldn't call that being against them or a player even if they want them benched for another player. Hopefully he is just referring to other teams.

Good to hear that he is motivated to improve but talk is cheap. Hopefully he puts in the effort during the off season to make it happen.

If he considers the fans against him that would be incorrect. The most critical fans hope for every player and the team to have success. I wouldn't call that being against them or a player even if they want them benched for another player. Hopefully he is just referring to other teams.

Good to hear that he is motivated to improve but talk is cheap. Hopefully he puts in the effort during the off season to make it happen.

I don't really agree with the bolded. I think there are some who would love to be proved right and would had to eat their words if certain guys had success. And based on the number of people clamoring for a kid who's not even on campus, I don't even think that there are people right now who want TA to be scucessful.

I think the "us vs. the world" idea has been blown completely out of proportion the last few years. People looking to find fault take it and try to say it means WAY more than it actually does.

It's simply supposed to be a quick way to convey the idea that the only people who really have your back are your teammates and coaches. It doesn't mean that EVERYONE else is against you, just that you can't necessarily count on them to always be supportive and thus shouldn't necessarily take what they are complaining about too seriously.

Unless you're winning every game by three touchdowns (and maybe not even then), there are going to be people complaining. It's just part of the deal. "Us vs. the world" is just a way to remind you not to get distracted by the negativity.

Case in point, this is one of Benning's responses to someone asking about TA's post:

Now, are people going to make the argument that the Huskers of the mid-90s had an unhealthy attitude flowing through the program that needed to be cleansed?

• Fire 4

I don't really agree with the bolded. I think there are some who would love to be proved right and would had to eat their words if certain guys had success. And based on the number of people clamoring for a kid who's not even on campus, I don't even think that there are people right now who want TA to be scucessful.

I've never met anyone like that. I was impressed with Wilbon and predicted he would be the breakout player this year before the season started. I never hoped for Newby or Cross to fail. When he didn't see the field much I didn't complain or rant about how Wilbon should start. I suppose there are some people that are as you say. I would hope their real reason is that they want the team to be successful.