It makes me feel better

That in a season in which seemingly nothing could go right, eventually leading to what will widely be know as one of the worst Husker seasons in the modern era, Big Red could still accomplish what Iowa couldn't. .... beating the Big 10 champions. Here's to the future! Go Big Red.

I don't know about that...it actually makes me feel worse that we have the talent and ability to beat the Big Ten champions, yet somehow manage to lose 7 games. I'm definitely pulling for Sparty all the way, but I don't want our seasons to be defined by one major win against a highly ranked team followed by several losses.

• Fire 1

That in a season in which seemingly nothing could go right, eventually leading to what will widely be know as one of the worst Husker seasons in the modern era, Big Red could still accomplish what Iowa couldn't. .... beating the Big 10 champions. Here's to the future! Go Big Red.

I don't know about that...it actually makes me feel worse that we have the talent and ability to beat the Big Ten champions, yet somehow manage to lose 7 games. I'm definitely pulling for Sparty all the way, but I don't want our seasons to be defined by one major win against a highly ranked team followed by several losses.

Yep. True Riley...er loser mentality.

Finish sub .500 and beat the champs.

Hip, hip, hooray.

Hip, hip, hooray.

Ah a few plays here or there and a few less interceptions and we're not staring at 5-7. Too many if's for me. I don't feel any better that we beat the B1G champs just like how I feel we don't deserve to go to a bowl game but hey 6-7 does look a lot better than 5-8, right?

Hip, hip, hooray.

As old as these comments get. It's the truth. It's what Riley has done forever. Beat a giant, lose to puds.

Hip, hip, hooray.

As old as these comments get. It's the truth. It's what Riley has done forever. Beat a giant, lose to puds.

Meh. They don't get old. Negativity and cynicism are the spice of life.

Riles has never been in a position that's as conducive to delivering championships as he has here, either. Last time he was was probably in Canada, and he did deliver one there. I for one still hold some hope.

• Fire 3

Hip, hip, hooray.

That was Riley's whole MO at OSU. If SE had bothered to read his resume. .500 coach who upsets a much higher ranked team, but still manages to lose to an FCS squad (yes we were one play away in 2014, but AA saved us).

The one true constant of this board is seeing the doom and gloomers showing up to piss on everyone's Wheaties in every thread. How sad to see supposedly grown men measure their self worth over a game played by 18-22 year olds. Virtually everyone on this board wants the Huskers to win. Only a few obsess to the point of being fanatic and see it as their sole job in life to loudly shout down any poster who is a glass half full fan. You 4 or 5 should pick a weekend and meet in a motel and have a bitchfest to get it out of your systems. Spare us the boring tirade that has become this football board.

I'm with you on this. While I don't feel good about a 5-7 season, it is encouraging to know he doessn't blow a gasket when we get in a big game. I feel better with beating MSU TY than getting blown out by Wisky and any other decent team under Voldamort.

• Fire 1

The one true constant of this board is seeing the doom and gloomers showing up to piss on everyone's Wheaties in every thread. How sad to see supposedly grown men measure their self worth over a game played by 18-22 year olds. Virtually everyone on this board wants the Huskers to win. Only a few obsess to the point of being fanatic and see it as their sole job in life to loudly shout down any poster who is a glass half full fan. You 4 or 5 should pick a weekend and meet in a motel and have a bitchfest to get it out of your systems. Spare us the boring tirade that has become this football board.

I'm with you on this. While I don't feel good about a 5-7 season, it is encouraging to know he doessn't blow a gasket when we get in a big game. I feel better with beating MSU TY than getting blown out by Wisky and any other decent team under Voldamort.
This is a really dumb argument. Everyone would take a win against a top ten team to losing a game (any game). Literally everyone.

You're just also willing to take 7-8 losses a year and call it encouraging.

But those are not the only choices! The only choices are not Riley or Pelini (thank god) but we are pretending like they are.

Will you pay for the room?

Will you pay for the room?

Motel 6? :-)