LJS: Several RBs Benefit from Reps/Break

Mavric

I put more credence into recruiting rankings and stars than I discredit them. They certainly have their flaws and are in no way perfect. Sometimes they've very off. However, they're the best indicator we have available for judging talent and potential and a lot of research has shown this.

You could put any 5* RB in the country behind this OL and he wouldn't look very good.

Exactly, the line needs rebuilt in the weight room and on the practice field, as well as the recruiting trail.

Last year they had a 3star RB and seemed to do pretty darn well.

yup, in spite of the fact he had no blocking. Hell of a football player. He had some "want to" unlike several of his teammates

You could put any 5* RB in the country behind this OL and he wouldn't look very good.

Exactly, the line needs rebuilt in the weight room and on the practice field, as well as the recruiting trail.

Last year they had a 3star RB and seemed to do pretty darn well.

yup, in spite of the fact he had no blocking. Hell of a football player. He had some "want to" unlike several of his teammates

So you freely admit that he did it "all on his own" correct?

Eye test rankings:

1. Wilbon

2. Cross

3. Ozigbo

4. Newby

Am I wrong?

To me Cross and Ozigbo are a toss up to who's better, but I'd basically agree with that list.
I would put Ozigbo above Cross. Cross may have more power up the middle, but Ozigbo has the ability to bounce runs outside when needed. That enables Ozigbo to get more yards out of runs when they aren't blocked perfectly.

Eye test rankings:

1. Wilbon

2. Cross

3. Ozigbo

4. Newby

Am I wrong?

To me Cross and Ozigbo are a toss up to who's better, but I'd basically agree with that list.

Eye test rankings:

1. Wilbon

2. Cross

3. Ozigbo

4. Newby

Am I wrong?

I would put Ozigbo above Cross. Cross may have more power up the middle, but Ozigbo has the ability to bounce runs outside when needed. That enables Ozigbo to get more yards out of runs when they aren't blocked perfectly.

These guys got it right.

I haven't seen anyone fully support Newby as the best RB, and we all like Cross but recognize his limitations. Everyone seems to agree that Wilbon has something that the others just don't have.

Most fans aren't idiots. Contrary to some, the coaching staff isn't a bunch of idiots either. For Wilbon to basically not play at all this year points to some underlying issue, one that we the fans are not going to know about. We have to be OK with that and trust the coaches. If we don't, we'll never get ourselves out of the constant state of discontent we've been in the last 15 years.

That being said, I hope things get figured out and we see Mikale a lot more next year.

I haven't seen anyone fully support Newby as the best RB, and we all like Cross but recognize his limitations. Everyone seems to agree that Wilbon has something that the others just don't have.

Most fans aren't idiots. Contrary to some, the coaching staff isn't a bunch of idiots either. For Wilbon to basically not play at all this year points to some underlying issue, one that we the fans are not going to know about. We have to be OK with that and trust the coaches. If we don't, we'll never get ourselves out of the constant state of discontent we've been in the last 15 years.

That being said, I hope things get figured out and we see Mikale a lot more next year.

I'll take Newby over Cross as an every down back every time. I'm not saying he's great, but I think he would do significantly better if he was allowed to run more plays that fit his skills better.

Wilbon and Ozigbo may end up being better but I haven't seen enough of them to say. Of course, that was fairly true of our running game in general.

I'll take Newby over Cross as an every down back every time. I'm not saying he's great, but I think he would do significantly better if he was allowed to run more plays that fit his skills better.

Wilbon and Ozigbo may end up being better but I haven't seen enough of them to say. Of course, that was fairly true of our running game in general.

At this point I'd take Cross any day over Newby. Cross makes things happen when they aren't there far more often than newby and pushes the pile better too rather than trying to juke and avoid everyone as he wears himself out.
  • Fire 1