Collins and Valentine coming back next year?

GBRedneck

I just can't see VV getting a good enough draft grade to declare early.

He did just graduate though, and his grade isn't likely too improve without Collins lining up next to him in 2016. I hope he stays, but if I was him, I'd leave.

He only played 6 games this year. If he managed to play the full season next year, who knows what that could do for him.

He did just graduate though, and his grade isn't likely too improve without Collins lining up next to him in 2016. I hope he stays, but if I was him, I'd leave.

probably all true, he should bail now, i would think....5-7 rounder at best.

5th rounder (VV). Has the NFL body and can even add more weight. Having said that, a really good combine would make him a 4th. Even with all the ridiculous nonsense that flows from Mel Kiper, Todd McShay and Mike Mayock.

IMO VV should come back dedicated and healthy. And play his best ball. It's the only way he could jump a lot higher. And he'll make a name for himself.

He could graduate and make a name for himself/get on ESPN highlight reels in a lesser conference, like the Sun Belt, Big XII, AAC, or Mountain West to boost his stock...but that's kind of a risk, considering his injury history.

He could graduate and make a name for himself/get on ESPN highlight reels in a lesser conference, like the Sun Belt, Big XII, AAC, or Mountain West to boost his stock...but that's kind of a risk, considering his injury history.

being injury prone and slow to heal will not help his status. you got to play hurt in the NFL.

being injury prone and slow to heal will not help his status. you got to play hurt in the NFL.

You're right, and I get that, but I'm not saying VV is going to become a first-rounder. Just saying he could boost his stock by dominating lesser competition elsewhere to where some Jerry Jones is going to overlook his injury history (somewhat) because he has an awesome highlight reel and take him earlier than he would go normally.

I don't think VV is NFL material at this point. Too many injuries, not enough time on the field to prove he can remain on the field.

Collins I can understand, but insurance can be taken out to cover injury. Suh benefited greatly by staying his senior year, Collins could be the same.

I don't think VV is NFL material at this point. Too many injuries, not enough time on the field to prove he can remain on the field.

Collins I can understand, but insurance can be taken out to cover injury. Suh benefited greatly by staying his senior year, Collins could be the same.

The financial considerations of Suh and Collins are completely different. The rookie scale in the NFL has significantly changed since Suh signed his huge rookie contract. NFL players make significantly less money on their rookie deals, and don't get huge money until their second contracts. That is why spending an extra year at NU isn't that beneficial too Collins. He should go pro, hope he kicks ass, and get to this 2nd contract a year earlier than he would if he came back for his senior year.