***Official Foster Farms Bowl Thread - UCLA***

Mavric

Do you think the coaches might look back on this game and think: "hey, the fans are right after all, the RUN does open up the pass. May be we should run more than we pass. May be we should try that next season." Duhhhhhhhhhhh

The reverse can be true as well.

Regardless, running a lot was the right call against UCLA because they have been susceptible to it all year. We gashed them pretty good on the ground and Tommy was throwing really well most of the time.

And we have to give kudos to the defense, key stops in the fourth quarter won us the game.

19 pass attempts...19...

Please let that sink in...vs the most "talented" team they played all year

It only took all year.

Now, if we can just get our defense up to snuff...and Langsdorf can learn his lessons...Riley may actually be successful next season.

Question is--why the f*** did it take them all this season to learn these lessons?

Old, stubborn coaches

BS. UCLA stinks against the run. So we ran. Go look at our running stats against Iowa. We ran there too, but not for a lot of yards because their run D was better than UCLA's. Run D is their weakness and we took advantage. That's it. That game plan doesn't work against everybody.

What part of the game plan called for a pass on 2nd down when we're trying to run out the clock?

No doubt UCLA's D called for a run-heavy attack, but so did Purdue, even without your second-string QB in the game. The coaches could have, and should have, leaned more on the run this year. It's as simple as that.

19 pass attempts...19...

Please let that sink in...vs the most "talented" team they played all year

It only took all year.

Now, if we can just get our defense up to snuff...and Langsdorf can learn his lessons...Riley may actually be successful next season.

Question is--why the f*** did it take them all this season to learn these lessons?

Old, stubborn coaches

BS. UCLA stinks against the run. So we ran. Go look at our running stats against Iowa. We ran there too, but not for a lot of yards because their run D was better than UCLA's. Run D is their weakness and we took advantage. That's it. That game plan doesn't work against everybody.

I seriously don't think anyone understands this. Be prepared to hear for the next 8 months "We should have run the ball all season, derpity derp. Hopefully the coaches learned from the bowl game". Keep fighting the good fight but it's a lost cause IMO, LOL.

Do you think the coaches might look back on this game and think: "hey, the fans are right after all, the RUN does open up the pass. May be we should run more than we pass. May be we should try that next season." Duhhhhhhhhhhh

Nope. They took advantage of a bad run defense. Nothing more.

Purdue has a horrible run defense, pretty sure we didn't run like this.

• Fire 1

Great win Huskers! Congratulations!

Thankya! Now go represent the Big Ten and whoop on Notre Dame! Good luck!

Yes...not only can you represent the Big Ten against the heathen leprachauns....I have two favorite teams...Nebraska..and who ever is playing Notre Dame. My hate for ND ties back to my board name....my Grandpa hated ND from the day Ara Parsnips kicked an extra point to tie a game and assure his team the Natty instead of trying to win the game. Of course, I don't remember the game...but I remember it pissed off Grandpa...and that is good enough for me! Go Buckeyes!!!!

• Fire 1

Well, what the Nebraska offensive line did tonight to the Bruins bordered on brutal. It must have been the trip to Alcatraz that brought out their darker side.

Also, WTF was it with the UCLA players getting up and celebrating after giving up big runs and getting trucked at the end of the play? I don't really care, just seemed a bit odd.

Congratulations on a great game! This is the best I've ever seen Tommy Armstrong. If he plays like this for now on, then our quarterback problem is solved.

Strategy wise, Nebraska played the right kind of game against UCLA. We are a lot bigger than the Bruins. So basically, they got man-handled.

Josh Rosen is a terrific one-dimensional quarterback. But flush him out of the pocket, then he's done for.